Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did everything go for everyone? Any setbacks, or issues or vandalism?
My Cauldron creeper was great
:p
Heres a pic with the little hut we added behind it
cauldroncreeper-2014.jpg

and some video

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had issues with my yearly and everyone's nemesis Mr. Wind had knocked over a wall panel and took down my cardboard pillars and lights and my tombstones. Reinforced it and glad it happened early morning and no one got hurt. I had planned on getting some more media files and my laptop started acting up so I had not even messed with it any more. A day before setting up lights had some strings not working. Its been a while but, only had one attempt of thievery earlier in day on Halloween. Had to be close to 4:00 p.m. and thanks to my what I had thought was real lousy carpentry skills helped out. I heard some kids earlier as I saw parents driving likely scoping out locations to bring their kids so it was not weird as we live in a cul-de-sac. My projector panel was blocking my kitchen window, but since it was a hot day all the windows and doors were open. One of them I heard talking and murmuring and my "spider sense" made me get up I walked outside and just looked as a bunch of kids all ages on a little red truck driving off. It appeared they attempted to yank my spinning skeleton I had on one of the pillars. The little guy was hanging down and had caught the cord through some wood blocks that I thought were an eyesore! Thanks eyesore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We had heavy rains all day, but it stopped around 7. Our foggers didn't work real well with the rain, so instead of rolling on the ground it just blanketed the yard in a cloud- still worked, but not the exact effect we wanted. DH perfected his art of "materializing" by standing behind a pillar and stepping out as the kids came up to the porch.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We did good this year, no vandals and limited wind damage.

I use large rolls of black plastic sheeting to enclose my screened-in porch to create a mausoleum, and we decided to slice 3 inch vertical lines all around to let the wind through. It made a huge difference!

My main piece of work this year is the three witches with the stirring cauldron. It took a few tries to figure out how to weatherproof the actuator and ac brick. Expensive couple of mistakes. I got an axtra mask and created a 4th witches costume. We put my Mother-In-Law in it (not pictured) and stood her next to the three props. She just moved enough to creep people out because they couldn't figure out if any or all were alive.
IMG_2139.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Best one ever! Also my first one ever, but who's splitting hairs?

Onward to 2015! Got my theme, and going with it. To increase turnout, I'm going to send flyers with my two youngest to school with them the week prior with a few photos of this year. In addition, I'm going to put out a sign pointing down to our street from the first turn in to the subdivision. HOA can fine me later.

If, and it's a big if, things go well in the job hunt these next couple of months, I might fork out the cash for a best decorated yard contest through the HOA. Prior to them fining me for putting out the signs, that is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This year, yet again, I met my old nemesis, windrainsleetsnow.... aka Michigan Fall Weather... Thankfully, nothing disappeared from the yard, but it definitely caused me issues with the foggers. Here's how it looked:
IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1193.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg

And, here's how much candy we gave!! LOL
IMG_1190.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unlike some past weather issues, this year we had great weather and zero wind. It turned out to be a perfect night, which was good timing because Saturday was all rain and wind all day! I also don't think I have any repairs to make so it turned out to be a great year up here in SE Pa. This pic is a daytime shot and about 90% done with setup.... 20141031_152603.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
Went well at my house. It was the first year that I wasn't running around at 5:45pm trying to get stuff set up. Everything was ready and that made it more enjoyable for me.

My fog didn't behave but there was only a slight breeze. I need to go back to the drawing board on my fog chiller.

Had green-fire tiki torches this year which looked great IMHO. I'll definitely be doing those again.

I put out the Spirit Rosemary Zombie Girl front & center this year and most people liked it.

No matter what else I do, everyone loves the Hallowindow eye.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It absolutely poured rain all day but cleared up around 5 so it was perfect weather for the TOTs. I did a minimal setup with a graveyard, pillars and a couple of zombies. Plus my vampires and a bat in my foyer to protect them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine was bad as well due to the wind knocking everything over, and we had barely any TOT's because the rain we got at night. I live in so-cal so rain is a deterrent for TOT's i guess X.x. But like kelloween says, looking forward to next year too :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
We had some weather issues here in Cincy also, a little windy, it rained off & on most of the day and it was cold as well you know. We did get luckly though, it stopped raining 10min before tot time and started up again 1/2hr after. I did get to use all of my electrical props eccept a couple of ground breakers and the tot #s were a little lower than nornal, about 200 of those goblins. All in all it wasn't too bad a night, I added a cauldron creep, singing pumpkins, the perfect storm lightning this year and the creep was by far the big hit.
Thanks to HF and all my fellow haunters.
DSCN0599.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts