Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased several Creature Reacher costumes this year as well as a couple of the Night Terror ones and they all have HUGE masks. The 2 that I have received so far have a small amount of padding in the head area but not nearly enough to make it really fit anyone. They tend to fold in on themselves or hang lopsided.

We tried adding more foam but then the person wearing it can't really hear. We tried crumpled paper but that was far too uncomfortable.

Can anyone suggest anything?

·
Banned
524 Posts
That's about as useful as my 14 yr. old telling me that I'd better hire a bunch of "big-headed people" to help in the haunt. LMAO!

Thanks!
I think your 14 yr old might be on to something...LoL

I like the hard hat idea.

Maybe trying stuffing socks in there. They are soft and filling. I would make sure they are clean though...LoL It would absorb the sweat also.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Heres another off the wall idea....cover a "volunteers" head with a nylon sock or something made of latex like a very large baloon place a straw in the volunteers mouth then cover their head with great stuff. Let dry cut off. I think the drying time is the down fall of this idea...

Perhaps you could do the same with a wig head anyway the idea is to make a mold and then you can shave down the outside to fit the mask

·
Registered
256 Posts
I work with foam a lot in my costumes. There's a type of foam called reticulated foam. It's black, and it's known for having very good ventilation. If you were to line the head with something like that you'd be able to hear out of it and it wouldn't be as hot inside as it would if you were using regular polyeurethane (seat cushion) foam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts