Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 3 of these: Inflatable Body Form < Bodies and Body Parts < Halloween Props < Fright Catalog, Inc.

They hold a costume on them fine, the only problem is that they don't have feet, just stubs, so they can't really stand on their own unless they're leaning or by some other means.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a murderer's row kind of thing leading up to where kids get the candy. I have several figures that are fake, but my father and I will be dressed up and scaring the trick-or-treaters, going for the effect of guests not knowing which are real and which aren't.

So I would like to find some way to make these figures stand up without making it too noticeable, i.e. somehow attach a kind of post/kickstand to the back of one and have its robe come down over it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A stick of pvc pipe frame maybe with a piece of rebar in the ground you could slide the figure down on it?

I like your Idea!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Find a old five gallon bucket use plaster of paris to hold pvc. Use a piece of 1/4"steel cut to about 12" circle. weld or screw center with a small pipe or bolt to put pvc on. Plywood circle about 2' circle with wooden dowel in the center for pvc. Super heavy guage wire bent into about a 2' circle then go up from there to support the figure with same wire. And i am out of ideas unless you can hang it with fishing line from buildings or trees..... yep done, no more ideas than that....

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Anything behind them (tree, pole, fence) that you could run a wire from to hold them up from above or behind?

Or how about a strong steel rod or wire driven into the ground a few feet behind them and bent at a 45 or 60 degree angle to hold them up. Painted black at night it shouldn't be too noticeable.

I don't like the bolt in the cement idea. After Halloween it will be a tripping hazard. Remove it and you have a weak spot in your sidewalk or driveway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's looking like I may have to make some sort of foundation base out of pvc pipe then run it up the back of the body form somehow & attach it. Or possibly do the empty gallon of milk filled with rocks or dirt with a post sticking out of it attached with duct tape to the back of the body form...not 100% sure I just know I should get my ass on it as time's dwindling down. Any other ideas are welcomed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
how about fill abucket with sand or small rocks and duc tape in his back a stick of bamboo n stick in the bucket or even tie a belt around his waiste with bamboo hope it helps is cheap n effective good luck ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
How Can I Make my Inflatable Body Forms Stand Up?

Play the national anthem??? Sorry!! could't resist LOL. I like your Idea but, I do not have any helpful suggestions. Come on it was a little funny.... Happy Halloween

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the milk carton and weighed it down with some rocks we had gotten from one of those mini-quarries that weren't used for part of the backyard then stuck a post in it up underneath the character's robe and that is working okay so far. In addition to that, I found a couple of umbrella stands that stick into the ground so for the other one or two I am thinking that might be a good idea to do. I should be able to post pics of my decorations and these props on halloween after the fact.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How about instead of hiding how the fake props are held up attach the same fake hold ups to yourselves. That way all the tots will think they are all fake and walk up with that false hope.

Oh didn't see this was an old post. Sorry!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought 3 last year, only one holds air... any idea how to seal these guys up?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think I would try taking an old pair of work boots, or any type of boot with a high calf, weight it down if needed, and stick the legs of the form in.

If you need to you could put small long sticks or dowels down behind the calf of the boot and tape the lower leg to the stick for support. Or roll up some cardboard into a tube put it in the boot and put the stumps of the legs into the "tubes" for support.

I like your idea of hiding among the props to scare the kids :D I want to Trick or Treat at your house, ok ? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried the milk carton and weighed it down with some rocks we had gotten from one of those mini-quarries that weren't used for part of the backyard then stuck a post in it up underneath the character's robe and that is working okay so far. In addition to that, I found a couple of umbrella stands that stick into the ground so for the other one or two I am thinking that might be a good idea to do. I should be able to post pics of my decorations and these props on halloween after the fact. Aviva Aqua Park

·
Registered
3 Posts
how about fill abucket with sand or small rocks and duc tape in his back a stick of bamboo n stick in the bucket or even tie a belt around his waiste with bamboo hope it helps is cheap n effective good luck Saturn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts