Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Just be careful covering a fan like that. If the air isn't moving, the motor can get very hot and burn out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did up a variation on that exact werewolf design but used a floor stand oscillating fan. With mine the whole upper torso moves along with the head. Positioning the fan lower down reduces the heat build up from the mask. It also helps I left it open at the bottom since I position him behind some bushes so you wouldn't see his legs any-ways. Here's the link...

A Haunted Halloween - Projects: Werewolf

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im in the process of building an FCG. Got to thinking that this concept could be used for other props. Just think of your props as puppets and make sure the part you animate isnt to heavy.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Get your poodle drunk really drunk then when it's passed out start gluing stuff on it! LOL
LMAO!!:D:D...However...
Daddywoof, what you are suggesting is immoral and wrong.....

I could never bring myself to waste beer like that.;)

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I did up a variation on that exact werewolf design but used a floor stand oscillating fan. With mine the whole upper torso moves along with the head. Positioning the fan lower down reduces the heat build up from the mask. It also helps I left it open at the bottom since I position him behind some bushes so you wouldn't see his legs any-ways. Here's the link...

A Haunted Halloween - Projects: Werewolf

Simple, but effective. Is he waterproof or do you have to take him in wet weather? Never the less , I like the use of an oscillating fan.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks! I wouldn't say he's waterproof but I had him out one full night in pretty steady drizzle with no ill effects. If he got too wet I would think the additional weight would put extra strain on the motor and maybe burn it out. In any event I only put him out Halloween night and then back to the basement for another year.

Here's a short video showing the motion...

Animated Werewolf Prop

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I wouldn't say he's waterproof but I had him out one full night in pretty steady drizzle with no ill effects. If he got too wet I would think the additional weight would put extra strain on the motor and maybe burn it out. In any event I only put him out Halloween night and then back to the basement for another year.

Here's a short video showing the motion...

Animated Werewolf Prop
ehh...most definatley gonna have to make one!! cant wait...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts