Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hanging an awesome plastic table cover that's clear with black skulls and skeletal hands all over it behind a dancing platform, BUT what can I hang it with to keep it from ripping off easily. Thumbtacks-obviously not. Heavy duty double sided tape?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,801 Posts
If you don't want the tape to show as much, the double-sided is good.

I use black duct tape, but that's for black plastic, so you can't really see it in the lighting.

If no one is going to be messing with it, you could still do thumbtacks, but use a whole lot more than you would think it would take, like every 6 inches or so, tack it. That distributes the weight of the tablecloth more evenly instead of just a couple of tacks taking the entire weight so it won't sag and rip under it's own weight.

It may still rip if pulled on no matter what mounting method you use, but that's more because the plastic is so thin and not much you can do about that. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
We use that sticky stuff that you put posters up with - can't think of the name of it, but it's sold in the stationery section. (ours is white, but someone called it "blue tac") It's great to hold up scene setters etc., just stick a bunch of dabs on the wall and press the plastic into it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hanging an awesome plastic table cover that's clear with black skulls and skeletal hands all over it behind a dancing platform, BUT what can I hang it with to keep it from ripping off easily. Thumbtacks-obviously not. Heavy duty double sided tape?
I am doing something similar and im going to reinforce mine with paper but if it was clear I would use clear reinforcement plastic and staple them together then double side tape it on to the wall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts