Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these gorgeous tombstones I built a few years ago that have PVC running through them (1/2" diameter, 1' long upright). I used to stake rebar and then set the tombstones on top through the PVC - beautiful, sturdy setup.

New yard is on solid rock. :( We spent over an hour last year trying to pound any kind of rebar or metal stake into the ground with no luck. We eventually had to just prop the stones up with large rocks and it looked awful.

Does anyone have a good wind-proof way of setting up tombstones utilizing a PVC core that doesn't involve staking anything into the ground? Or a modification I can make that will make these suckers stand up?

Stacy

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
How about bent rebar? Get longer rebar, bend it at the bottom of your tombstone and place a rock at the very end of it (the part that is now laying on the ground)? Be sure to bend one of the rebars to angle to the front of the tombstone and bend the other rebar to the back of the tombstone.

Perhaps it will make the graveyard look like it has scattered rock around the field instead of all nestled up next to the tombstones?

·
Registered
399 Posts
outside of sending them to my house :) , I would suggest the bent rebar trick. I was going to say try a 4 foot square board with a chunk of rebar coming up through it. but the plane rebar on the ground should work just as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts