Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have nearly as much this year compared to last year. I do live in Suburbia, it's just that there's about 2 streets in my town that seem to attract the most people but these streets are pretty close by. Any ideas? & ftr I always do a large Halloween prop display.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Put up postings at your local grocery stores, churches or just hang signs before hand on the corners. Make one of those jol on a stick that are about 12' tall and light it. Put the glow sticks in balloons and fly those over the house or put a flashing red light on top of the house so people can see if for a long way off. Just a few thoughts.

·
Registered
994 Posts
AP,

I had a similar issue this year. I had about the same number as the last two year, but, being a Friday, I expected quite a bit more. Tons of folks drove around in their cars.. I live at the end of the street and I noticed 5 cars (just what I counted) that stopped at the other end of my street and turned around - never making it to my end.

Most of the folks on my block had their lights out before 8pm. So, I was there all by my lonesome with my elaborate set-up and no tot's...

I had some friends come over to check everything out and they told me it was difficult to see my house from far away.

SOOOooo... next year I'm going to try two things. The first will be to add more lighting to my front yard that can hopefully be seen further away. The second is posting some signs at the major neighborhood intersections noting that there's a 'haunted yard' down here.

We ended up shutting down fairly early because we just didn't have anyone coming... But I believe they were out there - and let me tell you they missed out on a TON of candy I had left over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts