Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I Hate New Years! Watching another year of life slip by. I have had trouble coming to terms that there is nothing I can do about it at all, so now I just try to do as much as I can every single day of my life. Enjoy every single thing I get done, every place I go, every Vacation and Holiday, and every new experience. I have also learned at great expense to myself that there are many people not worth the time I give them. God gives each of us just so many seconds. I will make sure that I give mine only to those who are worth giving them to. I have new things planned for my Halloween builds and more plans for the year of 2016, so now it is only a matter of making it all happen!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I feel like 2016 will be better than last year. Or at least I'm shooting for that. 2015 wasn't the worst year, but it wasn't the best or most positive.

As usual, I made a video about it:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmmm.... 2015 was a good year for me. I actually got to take a 10 day vacation and see sights that I totally enjoyed. It was a driving vacation so kept within a 2 state circle of home :) Not sure I'll be able to take a long vacation like that this year but am hoping to make shorter trips more often this year. I feel the want and need for change as well. Guess that is pretty cliche' as 99% of people feel the same way on Jan. 1st of each year but this year it is a stronger want/need then previous. Let's just hope that feeling sticks around and I obtain the goals I have set :)

Other than that, the only one thing I hope to have done is the casket in my kitchen area finally made into a display cabinet for some of my collection. Maybe add a few blow molds to the household as I have a couple and would like to add to them. Just simple little things :)

Happy New Year to everyone and I wish for you that all your goals are obtained!

·
Registered
316 Posts
overall, 2015 was pretty suckie for me and my family, and 2016 is starting out kinda icky too, what with everyone being various degrees of ill and my dad's mom dying (she's not gone yet, but she's definitely on her way.). we're hoping that 2016 is just front-loading the bad, and that the rest of the year will be wonderful.

i'd be feeling lots better if i could just stop coughing and have my voice back!
i miss singing... :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
WELLL 2016 will be my first full year with you fine folks on Halloweenforum.com , so that a big plus!
I had NO IDEA about the haunt community until this past August, joined here in September and - - what a nice place!
Lot's of nifty folks, amazing haunts, and inspiring talent here!

SO - I'm energized for 2016!
My head is aching with prop ideas, and I really want achieve better detailed work.
I plan on really pushing myself with new projects/techniques/activities

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am hoping 2016 is a waaayyyy better year than 2015. I have had a lot of health issues, especially dealing with cancer since 2004. After my last surgery in September I hoped I might be tumor free for the first time in eleven years but I spent new years eve at the cancer clinic yet again. I am now being tested for Inflammatory Breast Cancer. *Sigh*

Let's just say I am hoping for a healthier year.

I love Halloween and all... but I am trying to stay out of a casket. :(

Marie

·
Registered
210 Posts
THAT - IS putting things in perspective.
My thoughts are with you.

I am hoping 2016 is a waaayyyy better year than 2015. I have had a lot of health issues, especially dealing with cancer since 2004. After my last surgery in September I hoped I might be tumor free for the first time in eleven years but I spent new years eve at the cancer clinic yet again. I am now being tested for Inflammatory Breast Cancer. *Sigh*

Let's just say I am hoping for a healthier year.

I love Halloween and all... but I am trying to stay out of a casket. :(

Marie

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lots of new plans for 2016. 10 plus new electronic props for this years haunt. As well. I now have many months to plan and expand our community haunt. Last years community haunt was a bit rushed and underfunded. I'm hoping to get a good concrete plan in place as well as concrete funding.

All the best in 2016!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
In general? Pretty crappy. I'm currently awaiting gall bladder surgery that's already been pushed back once, and my father has been given weeks to live due to liver failure. I'll start thinking about the haunt stuff when the truly scary stuff is over.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,081 Posts
2015 was somewhat eventful in general. My daughter graduated from high school, so there was all the events leading up to that, and her grad party. And all her dance competitions / recital. We went on a nice vacation to DC / NC / VA and attended a 20 year reunion with a bunch of people I was stationed with while in the Navy. My MIL had uterine cancer, but is now officially in remission (hooray!) So actually, everything has been fairly smooth and mostly drama-free.

2016 is looking pretty positive. Hubby & I will be having our 10 year anniversary and he's planning something special. He already told me I needed to take some time off work for it! The girl is still dancing and her competition team is planning on going to Nationals in June, so that'll be a trip to SC!! I hope we'll get a chance to explore. I'm hopeful everyone in the family stays healthy and positive, etc. etc, blah blah blah.

Regarding Maple Grove Cemetery - 2015 was kind of a let down. I was pleased with my setup, but the damn rain had to show up again. And wind. Of course Nov 1 was sunny & beautiful!
2016 is going to have a couple tweaks & while I always have the cemetery, I do different things with the skeletons. I have so many now, it looks more like a party than a cemetery, so I may have to run with that! And since I only got about 35 ToTers (down from 50ish the past 2 years), I am going to go to GFS or wherever and load up on full-sized candy bars to hand out. As it was, everyone got a handful, but the big ones are more impressive.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I haven't gotten to do all the maintenence on my halloween stuff I meant to do in November. The weather has either been oddly warm and of course humid or it's been WAY too cold and of course humid. Also we emptied the storage so there is a lot of extra junk in the garage I need to get rid of in the way. .

After I do the maintence I need to get cracking on the new graveyard fence. The main problem is anything that has to be done in the garage is going to have to be done before May because it just gets too hot to work outside here even at night, oh and bugs. yuck. I don't even have the design finalized not to m,ention I am not sure I am going be able to afford the stuff I need anytime soon.

How am I feeling about 2016? Overwhelmed and stressed. :-(

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
By the way, the entire world economy is going down the tubes=news story today. It MUST be true since a gallon of gas is now $1,75 here in N.W. Illinois. If the oil companys go broke... ? I guess we could have a "Tag Day" for them?
Anonymous donors send me money all the time,,, NOT! hahhah!
Need to be depressed? Watch all the news shows that you can. All news seems to be Doom and Gloom,waiting for the next shoe-bomb to drop.
Wanted by the major networks: Line up over here, we need at least 50 gun nuts who always wanted to shoot people to provide us with something to talk about.
Your 15 seconds of "Fame" awaits you! (I know it used to be 15 minutes, but our public's attention-span has also been cut back.)
For anyone who never saw the movie "Network" a Mr. Trump could be sued for stealing the one character's "ACT" ("I'm mad as hel and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Now, get up, open your window , and yell this.....or better yet study history and current affairs, read a history book, think it over, talk to other people who have lived through those tough times... Welcome to the adult world of life and realistic problem solving.
Recently I read someone wrote :"Hitler made bad war plans."
ALL "War Plans" Are BAD PLANS! (How can they be anything else?) We could all make this world a much better place. It does require effort. and Luck.
lock me up now before I hurt my Teddy Bear!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Im looking forward to 2016...... Halloween will be the best ever. I set up an indoor workshop in my basement and im building props. I have many plans
on my theme and what im going to do, build etc...... 2016 is a big step for me as I retire from the Army with 20 years behind me. I went and got certified
as a personnel trainer in 2010 and nutritionist. Planet fitness hired me and I start next week. It is a goal I had and it is becoming a reality. I still can't
believe 20 years of being a soldier seems like it went by so fast. I look forward to my future and my new life and....... Halloween 2016!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts