Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you monster kids! Johnny Thunder here with news of - dare I say – a fang-tastic new film called "House of the Wolf Man!"

It looks like they are trying to keep in the spirit and vibe of the period of the original Universal classics, which is terrific. Reminds me a bit of what made "The Call of Cthulhu" so wonderful.

Read on for the details and some cool pics:

BD Horror News - Pure Classic Awesomeness in 'House of The Wolf Man'!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
This is great for us fans of the classics..
It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off, and I'm eagerly waiting to see the trailers.

Nice touch, casting Ron Chaney as Bela Reinhardt/The Wolfman.;)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Looks good.
The sets look authentic, and the Dracula character looks quite Lugosi like at first sight.

There are some moments in the trailer when I found myself hoping that this is going to be a genuine attempt at recreating the classic Universal style and not some cheap shot p*ss take.

Not sure of a when and how on the release yet, but I'm sure the omniscient JT will keep us all informed. :)

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Calling all monster kids and cool ghouls! I first talked about this spooktacular looking gem a few Hauntcast shows ago, and I cannot wait to see it.

Check out the new poster:

....and trailer:

Dailymotion - House of the Wolfman - Trailer - a Film & TV video

BD Horror News - 'House of the Wolf Man' One Sheet, World Premiere Tickets Available!

The premiere of the fright flick will be October 1st in Los Angeles, CA:

Thursday, Oct. 1st, 2009 at 9:30pm.
Vista Theatre
4473 Sunset Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Doors open at 9:00 p.m.

House of the Wolf Man Premiere - Eventbrite

There is also word of a show in Pittsburgh, PA:

Special Pittsburgh Area Premiere - One Show Only: Saturday, October 24th, 7:30PM. Ligonier Theatre, Route 30, Ligonier, PA. Limited Seating.

Creepy Classics

The Ligonier Valley Players Home Page

I will be sure to let everyone know if I hear of any other showings. Yet another great Halloween present for all the classic monster fans out there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts