Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone who does a home haunt within city limits BE WARNED ...
YOU CAN BE SHUT DOWN LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes some ahole in the neighborhood complained to Rutherford County Building and Codes Department and they came out, inspected and shut me down!!!!
..Thats one reason I haven't posted in a while because not only did they shut me down they made me take the whole haunt down....The main reason was that I was trying to run an outdoor amusement in a zoned residential developement .....all I have to say is BS but none the less they shut me down and all I was aloud to do was a front yard display. Halloween night we had over 400 TOTS that were only able to enjoy a nice front yard display and candy....Oh yeah and we were able to scare them up and down the road. In short if you are trying to become a large home haunt and invite people through even if you don't charge be careful that you don't get shut down because it sucks.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween and be on the lookout for HOH2 going pro next year.

..::HOH::..

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
That's really too bad. I can only imagine how disappointed and pee'd off you must have been.
Hope things go better next year.

MsM

·
Registered
124 Posts
Now I Know

Man you should read some of my posts.Ihave a large group of friends (20) that go to a different city every year and this year it was Nasville and HOH was on the list when suddenly it went away on the web.We where going to HOH,Slaughterhouse,Devils Den,Devils Dungeon and Fallout .Well Fallout was closed for unknown reasons as well.The Dead end Haunted house was verylimited as it shut down in the 2nd weekend were told.So we ended up with slaughter house,deathrow and demons den which sucked cause the building was half the size as normal and still had the same amount of props and was very crowded.I guess my point is we came for specific haunts and House Of Hell was one of them.We where very disappointed that we personally heard comments from residents that they wanted the haunt,but also because we heard people bragging that they would not have that crap in ther.I am sorry that your have been treated this way becuase of a few idiots and wish you better luck inthe future.You can always move to Kentucky and help us brother we need all the help we can get in the Paducah area.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Halo666fear, I appreciate your willingness to have wanted to come all the way from Paducah to check out my home haunt. I wish I could have been open for you but it was out of my hands.....I have always been told to choose my battles wisely and fighting with codes would not have been a wise move. On another note as an actor that worked at Demons Den (only during September)I'm sorry you were disappointed. I helped Brad build the haunt and have helped his the past three seasons I can tell you that it was NOT half the size it ,was actually larger and not to mention the tons of props/animatronics that he added that were new this year. But to each thier own. Be on the lookout for HOH2 next year. It's in the planning stage right now but it looks promising.Happy haunting!

·
Registered
124 Posts
oops

I meant to say Devils Dungeon. Demons Den and Slaughterhouse were the 2 good ones.If there is anything I could do to help with your haunt in the future I would be more than happy to help.It sure seems like Halloween is dying here in my little town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts