Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
so im putting together a short scene of Dr. Satins lab from "House of 1000 Corpses" for a haunted hayride and i need a dummy on the operating table to disect. Anybody have any ideas as to what i should use as a dummy and where i would get it? Also where do i get a drill as loud as his?

Any other suggestions about this theme are more than welcome! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
For the dummy

Make your dummy. I can't remember exactly what kind of clothes he was wearing in that scene, but try this for building the dummy: measure sections of 1/2" PVC pipe for the different sections of the body. use a square shaped base that has "T" shaped connections on two opposing sides to fit the legs of the dummy into. (BTW spend the $7 for PVC glue. I tried this without and he fell apart quickly). Then buy cheap pool noodles, preferably the ones with holes already in them. If you can't find those, get the regular ones, split them up the middle and cut some space out so they fit around the PVC easier. Duct Tape the noodles in place around the arms and legs to give it some body. For the chest, you can either tape some sections of the noodles together and tape that to the PVC torso section. Or just stuff some balled up newspaper into his shirt. Get a styrofoam head from a second hand shop or a beauty supply store. The hands are tricky. Fill the PVC arms (only where the hands are going to be, maybe 5 inches deep) with spray foam insulation and as it is drying, jam a stick in it so that about 3 inches is sticking out. Fill your gloves with the same spray and before it's dry completely, stick them onto the wrist sticks. You might want to use some glue as well just to be sure. Dress it and scare the be-jezus out of your local children!

Visit: Youtube.com/YourFearZone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both these ideas are awesome! I'll have to calculate my budget and see what will work best. I'll let you know how it turns out. If anybody else has more ideas please keep shooting them at me. THANKS ALOT!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that the track that was playing in that scene? in the movie it sounded alot harder to hear what he was saying and it was repetitive like the voice was saying the same thing over and over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts