Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting in my living room playing with my son and I happen to glance into the kitchen and see a rather large spider dangling from the kitchen ceiling. My first thought is oh that's just one of my Halloween decorations (I've startled myself with my own decorations before), but then I realize OH CRAP I DIDN'T HANG ANY SPIDERS IN THE KITCHEN!!! Cue major freakout. Has this happened to anyone before? Am I the only one who decorates with spiders but are scared to death of them in real life??? :eek:

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
Yes, I have a big Spider Scene and even when Im setting it up it spooks me. We have a variety of spiders out there and one of them is the huntsmen type, theyre pretty big and fast! Its pretty much the one reason I dont go out there anymore at night to decorate.

Discovered 2 nights ago a dead baby huntsman spider, about the size of a quarter, sitting in my hallway. I think my kittys killed it. Ive had a few nightmares about finding them walking over me in the living room or in my bed since the discovery.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I cannot stand spiders, but will decorate with them. Last night I was helping my son put together the new baby changing table and there was this teeny tiny spider on my hand. I had a total freakout! Only reason I didn't jump up screaming was because that's a little hard to do when your 9 months pregnant! My son just flicked it off my hand, so then I had to fret about where it was the rest of the night. I was still giving him crap about that today! :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know I'm not the only one! I can't stand them and will only kill them if absolutely no one else is around, otherwise my husband is on spider duty. The only exception to that is the real teeny tiny ones. Two years now and in two different houses we've had an infestation of these teeny tiny bastards who make webs EVERYWHERE! The discovery of the first infestation was literally my worst nightmare. I was 7 months pregnant and relaxing in our living room with my husband. Decided to get up and get a drink from the kitchen, when I was halfway across the living room I realized there was a teeny spider dangling on a web right in front of my face and I freaked out for my husband to come kill it. Only to realize when I took a closer look that there were dozens of these things all over the entire living room, including the couch we had both been sitting on. I wanted to just cry. Being pregnant I didn't want to use any crazy chemicals so I was squishing and vacuuming up those suckers daily.

I cannot stand spiders, but will decorate with them. Last night I was helping my son put together the new baby changing table and there was this teeny tiny spider on my hand. I had a total freakout! Only reason I didn't jump up screaming was because that's a little hard to do when your 9 months pregnant! My son just flicked it off my hand, so then I had to fret about where it was the rest of the night. I was still giving him crap about that today! :p
OMG I would be the same way. Last week I actually climbed into my son's crib to kill a spider above it. He's not talking yet but gave me this look as if to say "mommy you're nuts".

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I stuck a lifesized spider cling on the dark corner of my microwave door and the corner of a small tv I have in the kitchen. I scared myself daily for a couple weeks before it finally registered they weren't real :)

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
The other night I was in my garage testing out my new animated spider thingy and when I came inside I noticed something below my glasses dangling. I thought it might have been a stray hair with something attached like dust but when I took off my glasses the little black thing was rappelling down out of view (Im practically blind w/o my glasses. ) . It was some teeny spider that had gotten onto my glasses and was dangling inches from my cheek from my frames. I was a bit creeped out by that. :/

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
spiders dont bother me so much as long as they stay away from me.

however. back when i was still in highschool i stepped on a particularly big one that was scampering across the floor and it made a huge popping noise. was pretty disgusting. lol

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
I was out in the yard earlier and pointed out a large spider hanging over the trash cans to my oldest son. then picked up a scrap of pvc pipe to whack it with because my wife is TERRIFIED of them and would freak when she saw it. So I whack the spider with a nice overhand serve of the pipe - directly into my sons hair. lmao! Oops! Very funny to see a nearly 14 year old boy shriek like a girl, flap his arms wildly, and try to beat the hair off his own head. Fast forward three hours later and we are all searching for his once again misplaced retainer and my wife finally finds it...lying in the driveway where he had his spaz attack earlier. Apparently it shot right out of his mouth when he screamed and he was so freaked out he didn't notice. lmao!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not that scared of them unless they are on me. I ran into one today while going into the house. He was a jumper on the door frame, but he didn't jump on me. I did move a little quicker than usual.
Yeah ^that. :confused: That's me too. I actually love it when they build webs between the yuccas out back and the sun hits it at one point during the day. Love it. But INSIDE is a different story!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I was out in the yard earlier and pointed out a large spider hanging over the trash cans to my oldest son. then picked up a scrap of pvc pipe to whack it with because my wife is TERRIFIED of them and would freak when she saw it. So I whack the spider with a nice overhand serve of the pipe - directly into my sons hair. lmao! Oops! Very funny to see a nearly 14 year old boy shriek like a girl, flap his arms wildly, and try to beat the hair off his own head. Fast forward three hours later and we are all searching for his once again misplaced retainer and my wife finally finds it...lying in the driveway where he had his spaz attack earlier. Apparently it shot right out of his mouth when he screamed and he was so freaked out he didn't notice. lmao!
when i lived in australia i was out hanging laundry and bringing the dry stuff in and when i took the laundry basket of dries into the bedroom there was this HUGE pissed off spider just sitting there chilling on the pin basket reared up ready to strike me if i got too close. i screamed for hubby to come in (like i said, i dont mind them until they're too close for comfort, plus everything is freaking poisonous in australia) and he came running, took care of the spider. i dont remember if he washed it down the drain or let it outside. either one would have been fine with me at that point... then i ran my hands through my hair like i do when im stressed out and i felt something crunchy in there... panic attack number 2 ensues, i run into the bathroom and turn around and tell him to pull whatever it is out of my hair, so he grabs it and throws it in the sink and runs water on it and i turn around and hes like "it was a spider shed"... i freaking lost it. broke down crying right there lol. the big spider and then the shell of one in my hair... it was just too much in such a short span of time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hate spiders, but I've grown used to them..as I usually have a small army of small ones living in my bathroom. They nestle along the edge of the ceiling and don't come out too much...so most of time I leave them be so long as I don't catch them walking around >.< One thing that I CANNOT tolerate though, and freak out like a 5 year old over...HOUSE CENTIPEDES!!!! Ohhhhhh those things terrify me!! :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts