Halloween Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh but, if you could only find a house with a real cemetery next door or across the street......that would be real heaven. ;)
Oh man would that be the jackpot!! There is actually a house a little North of me in Fairway, KS that has an old graveyard right on the property and its all on a major road, so its not like a farmhouse in the boonies. I drive by it all the time and always try to take in more information on it. The house isn't the best, but the graveyard has its own little rusted wrought iron fence, a few obelisks, at least one giant, cracked and moss-covered crypt...

Me=Jealous...:rolleyes:

-EEric

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Perfectly normal to take such things into consideration...in much the same way as a keen gardener would take the garden/yard/grounds into consideration, it's only natural that people of the haunting persuasion would consider a potential property's suitability in that regard.
I love those pictures of the American style Victorian homes..they look so cosy and inviting, but creepy and cold at the same time, If Samedi Manor finally gives up altogether and collapses around my ears, I might be in the market for one of those.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Junit, actually it's huge... 3 floors and over 4000 square feet (not that I've been daydreaming about it or anything)! Apparently, it;s come down to just under $800,000 (Grimsley checks his pocket change... nope, still a little short!).

And Slaz, funny you should mention the cemetery... there is in fact a small, yet very historical cemetery not within a stone's throw just down the block from that house in my 1st post! Well, historical for my area (southwest British Columbia is really not all that old when compared to the east coast US & Canada).

·
Registered
622 Posts
OK... so instead of finding a house to "haunt", why not just build one:

The folks at Gothicmanor.com were building their own full size replica and were offering different Haunted Mansion items for sale while they made them for their own home! Gothic Manor - Create Your Own Haunted Mansion

View attachment 4216

Also:

Scroll down to the 7th item down (approximately) on the Doombuggies.com page. Former Disney contracter Mark Hurt also built his own replica with actual effects modelled after the original built into his!
DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!

View attachment 4217

I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous!!! :OP

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, now I know what I'll do when I win the lottery.
Yeah, me too! But then if that were the case I'd have to perhaps "buck the trend" and build a replica of the moive mansion which is actually now my favourite of the bunch! I just love the wrought iron conservatory!

(This is Nathan Schroeder's artist's rendition of the mansion they built for the movie. He's also resposible for the matt background painting of the vast hazy graveyard that's featured in different scenes. Amazing work!)Nathan Schroeder's Portfolio Site

View attachment 4227

21 - 31 of 31 Posts