Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to spring for the HotWire foam factory kit. I wanted to redo parts of my Spooky Town and thought it might come in handy for a lot of other Halloween uses. Big mistake I'm afraid. I bought the pro kit with the multi-heat power station. Went to use it for the first time this week to engrave a tombstone. In taking it out of the box I noticed my plug is different than the picture online and the picture on the outside of the case my kit came in. I don't have the on/off switch on the cord. Gave them a call and had to leave a message. They returned my call and told me that their photos were of their older model. I proceeded to take it outside and tried to use the engraver to do my lettering. Even on it's highest setting it hardly put a dent in the foam. I tried to call them Thursday leaving another message but they have yet to return my call. Has anyone else bought this and had the same problem or is mine defective? Annoyed that I forked out a fair chunk of money and had better luck with my less than $20.00 wood burner. I also think taking over 3 days to return a phone call if they intend to at all is not very professional so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me out.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently no one else was duped into buying this product. They never returned my call so I'm thinking maybe my only resolution is to contact my card issuer. I'm pretty sure I used my debit card though so I may be SOL. Ironically the first time I called about the product being different than pictured I was going to order one of the tables as I after watching the video that came with it there is numerous things I would like to do with it. Thankfully I didn't speak with them before I tried to use it. Hopefully others will think twice before purchasing anything from them.

1,538 Posts
Had Frog get out ours and ours has no switch on the cord the on-offs are built into the handles of the 3 pro tools and they then plug into the power station. The craft tool has it's own separate plug plug in spot on the station and is only one temp. The pro power tool station that has a temp knob on it to make the pro tools hotter or cooler . We've seen these guys at work first hand and even played with one before purchasing when we attended the West Coast Haunters Convention a couple of years ago. It is always possible you got the lemon in the batch, we've never had an issue with our except we're not as good at engraving and carving as the Hotwire gal at the booth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts