Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- our theme this year is alien invasion. We wanted to put the hottub lights on blue and have it look like there are alien eggs inside. Balloons float, paper mache eggs would disintegrate. Any ideas? Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do you have any plastic Easter eggs lying around? If you have any of the larger ones you could weigh them down then glue them shut. Or I wonder if you might be able to find clear plastic Christmas ornaments that are oval shaped. Sometimes craft stores carry those this time of year for kids to make ornaments that won't shatter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Water Balloons would still float, but they would float mostly underwater, unlike balloons filled with air, with would sit on top of the water. use enough balloons to completely cover the surface of the water and they should look mostly like a vat full of barely submerged eggs...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Open up the end of the balloon and spray great stuff expanding foam, wait a while to dry and there is no need to even tie the balloon:D just a thought I have no experience with alien eggs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good ideas! Unfortunately greatstuff foam still floats. Water balloons do float- i'll have to check the depth. I had thought about fishing weights but it starts to feel complicated... Btw love the forum and all the help!! Thanks!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts