Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heat came back, can't walk the dogs til after dark. Thank goodness I got all this done before the heat wave:

I moved the airblown guy more forward so he wouldn't block so much of the graveyard. Behind everything is my quick and easy attempt at a JOL scarecrow. I tried to raise the silhouettes above the bushes, but that is as high as they are going to get. The walkway will get two talking head guys, that I put bodies on like the JOL, they will be holding long pvc candles like the tutorial ones. Under the cover of the 'porch' is a spider web and I have a static ghoul I put a shaker in. Will follow up with the final pics later. Of course, the fog machine will shoot into the back of the graveyard, and there will be a misting cauldron under the spider web guy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
By the way, I'm in San Antonio, and I can totally sympathize with you about the heat. It's ridiculous!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,289 Posts
Try Houston with a broken A/C... for the last week. :mad: (finally got the part in and fixed today)

Love the setup - especially the JOL scarecrow and the door decoration! Nice lighting too. I've used green for several years, and thinking of switching to blues and reds, but I do love the eerie green glow soooo much!

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
I can't relate guys, it was barely 5 degrees celsius (41 F) the other morning...brrr :(

Decorations look great though, glad you got them up before your heat wave...

Ps...if you don't want all that heat feel free to send some up here to Ontario, Canada :p

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looks good !!

I know what you mean. We usually start Labor Day weekend, but it was a HOT 100+ here in SoCal at that time. Things have changed. Last night they made snow at a local San Bernardino Mountain resort. Silly really ... the forecast calls for warming this weekend so that manmade snow will be back in Big Bear Lake by Monday :) .

Fortunately, we've made a lot of headway on our haunt too.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I had no idea it was still that hot down your way. Granted, I am about 5 hours north of you but we've had temps in the 60's all week with a couple of mornings in the low 50's. Just goes to show, not all of Texas was created equal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts