Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you haven't heard yet, a couple in Texas caught a live animal that they believe is El Chupacabra. Whether it is eventually ID'd as such or not, how likely do you think el chupacabra will be seen as a halloween prop this year?

Here's a link to ABC7s L.A. coverage of the story with video. Longer footage than what our local ABC news ran:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9490035

If the above link goes down the photos on this UK site are pretty good:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595472/Is-mythical-chupacabra-Texas-family-finds-mysterious-hairless-creature-prowling-yard.html

I think the animal looks like some of the images I've seen of the "mythical" creature, and if it does suck the blood from it's prey, all the more so. While the Texan forestry guy said from photos it looked like a canine, I have to say it uses it's front legs more like a racoon, while sitting more back on it's hind legs. The front paws don't look like racoon paws to me. Dying to see how the animal is classified. Does it suffer from mange as has been theorized or is it more a kin to a hairless creature? It appears to climb as well since it was seen up on that platform on the tree and those paws/claws look impressive enough. I'm so glad they have a live animal to examine this time around and these guys have been reported to have been seen in many countries but never caught live before. If I lived in the area where it was found, I'd go see it in person. Hmm. Carnival sideshow haunt exhibit...

Love to hear comments from those who are experienced with wildlife like racoons, foxes, etc. Does look kind of foxy in the head but the eyes don't look right to me.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
To heck with the Chupacabra, I'm fascinated with Mr. and Mrs. Bubba who caught it. You're right about the Carnival sideshow haunt exhibit, Spookie.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Actually, I would be more afraid of what could be lurking in the woman's beehive hairdo...:rolleyes: I think that it is cute, but I tend to favor what many think of as 'ugly' animals.

I am surprised that there have not already been mass-marketed Halloween props based on cryptozoology.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whether it was a raccoon, a coatimundi, or something previously unknown, the [email protected] had it euthanized when given the option of doing either that or releasing it. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/couple-who-claimed-they-caught-a-live-chupacabra--chooses-to-have-the-animal-euthanized-195957358.html

OMG, both my husband and I reacted with the same shock hearing that! If it had mange i understand that animals can be treated and in about 6 months their hair could start returning. I realize it was wildlife and not a domesticated animal or livestock but this still seemed so wrong. I suspect it was a racoon by the way it sat and handled the food. I hope they gave it up to someone for treatment and just said they complied with the order or maybe it will end up being part of a carnival sideshow depending on what happened to the remains. Without its fur its possible it would have died from exposure or its possible it could have been attacked by some other animal. If it were me i think i might have released it. However, if it had mange, maybe it would have continued to spread it to other animals though. Still sad ending to an interesting story.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Chupacabra is real ,I found a dead mummified one years ago and it looks just like that one ,I will get some close up pictures of it to prove it is not a coon.

oaklawn crematory we don't eat coon in Texas !! That is gross, we eat possum . oo000 never mind

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts