Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make some of the fake hot coals but the can of foam says it is flammable. Is it ok to use or do they make non flammable foam and I just got the wrong kind?

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
It is the right stuff called Great Stuff. The "coals" will not get hot enough to be a problem. Great stuff is an insulation product and will do just fine for this prop.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I used LED that works still even if lights start burning out. And the Great Stuff will never get that hot especially with LED lights.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey guys,

BE CAREFUL with what type of LEDs you use. I used to think that it wouldn't matter myself since they don't get hot. I was wrong!!

Check out my post with pictures of cheap LEDs and the risk it could pose: Warning

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so I made my coals. For the ffirst time I should of went a little smaller but we went big. I had to use 6 cans of foam to cover it. Also I did not use the LED lights and not I am a little freaked out about useing it now. MokkNoir I read you warning and that is what has me second thinking it. Does any one know of one going up in flames?

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts