Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are decorating and hopefully hosting a Halloween party for the support house of a local children's hospital. Would like some more ideas for decorations and or the party. My co-workers are not totally onboard so at times are less than helpful.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well, do you want to do anything scary or stay with just a "happy" kind of theme? You could pull off a whole party with just a jack-o-lantern theme, friendly scarecrows & fall leaves, or you could do a little scary with some ghosts & witches.

I would try to come up with lots of crafting options to keep kids busy or so that families can take things back to their rooms to decorate there or bring them in. And I don't know what kinds of abilities or ages you're working with, so a variety of craft options will allow the most people to try something.

Can you provide more info - whether you want to do scary, whether you have a low/high/or hardly any budget, whether you need to serve food or snacks, what age group you've got, whether you want to play any games, etc?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Do a small carnival. You can get prizes cheap at Oriental Trading. You could have things that could be done from wheelchairs, etc.

Maybe wheelchair races, or races with IV poles. My brother was in the hostpial a lot as a child and they always did fun things at Halloween.

Especially have things to decorate the hospital rooms.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'm with Texaslucky...carnival theme would be very fun. I would search pinterest for halloween carnival games. lots of super simple easy games for kids. Use lots of black and orange crepe paper, balloons, black cats, spiders, pumpkins. blow molds? .
Or you can go the mad scientist thing, a little more scary.

And yes, it would help with more info :)

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Yes, carnival theme is great for this. My son was in the hospital numerous times on and around Halloween. He was again in a children's hospital his senior year of high school in ICU. Although he was unable to take part in any of the things, the Halloween activities were sanity for me being there around the clock. They did a carnival and that is what texaslucky probably remembers from visiting. It was so much fun and we had lots of things to decorate in his bed area of the Unit.

Check out my Pinterest board in the signature. I have lots of fun and cheap carnival type games in board dedicated to games. That would be a great thing to do. I should check into our local hospital to see if they do anything for the kids there. We were always in Dallas at a big hospital, but the local kids having to stay in the hospital around Halloween need some fun, too. Bless you for doing this!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts