Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousins in Hudson, Wisconsin (right on the MN border), are selling their life-size replica 1800's horse drawn hearse with genuine Amish wheels. It has electrical plug-ins, lights by the driver, and is wired for lights inside. It has always been stored in the garage during the winter and is finished in oil based paint. They really did a fabulous job, designing and building it from scratch! They are planning on putting it up on Ebay in September for $3500, but I asked if I could post it here first. They agreed, and even let me offer it for $3000. Vincent the driver (with a spinning head) can be included, but not the mask. PM me if you are interested and I will pass your info along to the sellers. Here is their ad:

Our one of a kind life size replica horse drawn hearse is for sale for $3,000. This hearse was built in 2007 and has real Amish wheels that are 36” in diameter, 1 ½” wide with metal plating. Total length is 11 feet 6 inches, and body width is 42 1/2 “, not including the wheels. With wheels, it’s 56 1/2”. It is 5 feet 9 inches tall, and has a coat of primer and 2 coats of black oil base paint that gives it that dark shiny look. The driver’s bench has a padded vinyl seat that opens into a storage box. It has 2 flickering lanterns on either side of the driver that are hard wired. Inside there is an outlet for lights and 2 small C-7 lights in the ceiling that shine down. The fabric in the plexiglass windows is included, as is the hand built “poor man’s” coffin that’s inside. NOTE: THIS IS NOT TO BE PULLED BEHIND A TRACTOR OR ANYTHING ELSE! IT HAS NO BRAKES OR STEERING MECHANISM AND THE WHEELS CANNOT HOLD MORE THAN 200 lbs. It is for SHOW, like parked in your driveway or in your cemetery! It has been stored inside all year except from Oct. 15-Nov. 1st. It has been rained on and does NOT leak. PICK UP ONLY! We cannot possibly ship this. We have used a shipping co. for past things, and they have ruined them, so we would like our hearse picked up by you! We live in Hudson, WI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi LV,

Just saw the pictures of the hearse. It is awsome. I just have a few questions. Did you build the hearse? If you did would it be possible for you to send me the plans to build one (I'll give you my email address if you want)? I was thinking about possibly building one for this halloween. If I can get the plans great. If not then I will have to wing it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
wow now thats a big project..they really did a Awesome job on it..2 bad i dont have the 3 000 clams for it though..but i can assure u whomever gets this will b a happy camper im sure!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hopefully not too big a project. Wish I had the 3k also. Right now I have the wood from a stage I built for my sons birthday party. If I do get to build the hearse one problem I'm going to have is where do I store it. The bad thing about building things for halloween is that my neighbors keep EXPECTING me to build something new each year. They get more excited about what I come up with than I do. So far I have a gallows, guillotine, a coffin and an electric chair (no electricity to it though).

·
Registered
412 Posts
hopefully not too big a project. Wish I had the 3k also. Right now I have the wood from a stage I built for my sons birthday party. If I do get to build the hearse one problem I'm going to have is where do I store it. The bad thing about building things for halloween is that my neighbors keep EXPECTING me to build something new each year. They get more excited about what I come up with than I do. So far I have a gallows, guillotine, a coffin and an electric chair (no electricity to it though).
Okay if u really want to ill take the coffin off your hands to make room for more projects..lmao!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Christmascandy

That's a good one. Unfortunately the coffin is the one thing I can't get rid of. If I did then I would have no place to sleep. :D

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi LV,

Just saw the pictures of the hearse. It is awsome. I just have a few questions. Did you build the hearse? If you did would it be possible for you to send me the plans to build one (I'll give you my email address if you want)? I was thinking about possibly building one for this halloween. If I can get the plans great. If not then I will have to wing it.
No, my cousin in Wisconsin built it. I can ask if he'll share the plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts