Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 2009 Halloween season offically started today when I moved my horse and coach from the shop out into the front yard. I still need to get the harness, which I hope to have by next week and a top hat and cape for the driver.
As I went through my storage area I discovered that I had an ant infestation. Talk about creepy. Between every one of my stacked toe pinchers filled with treasures were thousands of ants! Nasty, creepy crawly ants! I got the area cleaned and my props seperated and then set off 3 bug bombs and closed the doors. I will revisit that tomorrow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Im confused, are you putting up your stuff now for Halloween? Or was that just for the pic? I wish I had a horse drawn carraige. I am sooooooooooo jealous. Are you going to add a harness for the horse? Very nice prop, wish I had one. Too cool.
Wow everyone is getting me so excited for Halloween, Im starting my projects early too. I usually wait till Oct 1st then run out of time.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im confused, are you putting up your stuff now for Halloween? Or was that just for the pic? I wish I had a horse drawn carraige. I am sooooooooooo jealous. Are you going to add a harness for the horse? Very nice prop, wish I had one. Too cool.
Wow everyone is getting me so excited for Halloween, Im starting my projects early too. I usually wait till Oct 1st then run out of time.
I am setting up now. It will take me several weeks to get everything done so the earlier the better. Yes, I am going to add a harness. I have a few people looking for one and if they dont come through by Sunday night I will be ordering one.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
AMAZING , that looks so impressive in the cemetery , it is so much fun seing all the progress of these props and then actually seing them put into the display :) it looks terrific you will get tons of great comments from the trick or treaters ....

·
Registered
312 Posts
The horse & Hearst look great! I think you just made a bunch of people develop their throughts and prop building plans for 2010 to have one of these on our front lawns. Good job!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
HH, looks fantastic. Watching the builds culminate in this display has been an enjoyable evolution! Can't wait to see everything in place and those night shots! Will you be adding reins as well? Plus a whip, think every coach driver needs a whip (even those transporting the deceased)!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,327 Posts
Awesome! Looks fantastic! I hope you can find the harness for cheap - those things are pretty pricey...

(did I mention that looks awesome? :D )

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! Looks fantastic! I hope you can find the harness for cheap - those things are pretty pricey...

(did I mention that looks awesome? :D )
I found a complete harness for about $130.00 made of black nylon that will fit a horse up to 15 hands. This one is 15.2 hands. I will go with that if nothing else comes through. I never even thought about a whip! Add that to the list.

When I break this down after Halloween, I will take pictures of the seperate pieces if anyone is interested. This thing breaks down into about 13 pieces to make it a little easier to store and move.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ok, where's the prop horse because that's obviously a real horse you have in the front yard. Great job!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your carriage looks great man!!! I saw one a few years ago that had a ghost harness on it... All of the equipment but without the horse... :) I talked to the owner and he was trying to get it to move on it's own... Anyway... It looks great man!!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
If I were to drive past your house, my car would park there for several minutes. I would then come back with my camera to take pictures. It looks fantastic! Well worth the effort you put into it!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have only had a few cars drive by and to be honest they have not been as surprised as I thought they would be. The UPS and USPS people didn't say anything about it and several cars have glanced but no real stop and stares. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my horse! Is it possible everyone have a fake horse standing in their yard and I have just missed it?

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
OMG! That came about fabulous!!! I love the coach. The horse looks great as well. I cant believe no one is reacting more than what you would expect. Your lucky I dont live near by cause if I did I dont know that I would react so much as I would ....dress all in black do a small army crawl into your front lawn and well just pretty much steal it:D but thats just me:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts