Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All . . .

I'm an indie musician/composer . . . and I recently released HORRORSHOW: three collections of creepy keyboard music (Mad House, Big Top, Ghost Town).

As a horror fan, I've planned on creating a collection like this for quite some time (and I always knew it would be called HORRORSHOW -- a nod to *A Clockwork Orange*) -- but when my brother contacted me just this August about needing music for his annual Halloween "haunt," I realized that now is the time! He mentioned that his Halloween community desperately needed saloon, circus, ambient, and other creepy music -- so I went wild :)

Here's the link to the collection on Bandcamp:
http://jeannienovak.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for listening!

Jeannie

PS - I also just started a Music group here, so please join if music is your thing!

============================

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is good stuff. I'm looking for the right way to put this, so please don't be offended when I say this is awesome chamber(?) music! I guess chamber would be the proper word?

It reminds me of something I would hear in something Vincent Price would narrate... and believe me when I say that is awesome! Personally, I like the piano versions! You have skill, that's for sure.

Your "Ghost Town" album is talented, for sure. I'm really getting that "western" and "ragtime" feel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for listening! The *Mad House* collection (which also appears first on *Complete*) definitely has more of that feel -- and I do take that as a compliment. I'm actually not sure how to categorize it -- but I've been told that it has a bit of "Hammer Films" and Roger Corman horror quality. . . . I believe Vincent Price has been known to have narrated/acted in a few of those :)

This is good stuff. I'm looking for the right way to put this, so please don't be offended when I say this is awesome chamber(?) music! I guess chamber would be the proper word?

It reminds me of something I would hear in something Vincent Price would narrate... and believe me when I say that is awesome! Personally, I like the piano versions! You have skill, that's for sure.

Your "Ghost Town" album is talented, for sure. I'm really getting that "western" and "ragtime" feel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Winter's Asylum! I really appreciate your comment about the recording quality -- especially since this is the very first time I created a home studio recording! (I usually go "analog" in a pro studio with a grand piano.) Let me know if you'd like a download code for any of the collections (Complete, Ambient, Piano, Synth). The whole Horrorshow discography is now on Bandcamp: http://jeannienovak.bandcamp.com :)

This is a great collection of music. the recording quality is fantastic too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, kermat13! Feel free to use some of the tracks as background. Just let me know if you'd like a download code for any of the collections (Complete, Ambient, Piano, Synth). The whole Horrorshow discography is now on Bandcamp: http://jeannienovak.bandcamp.com :)

Yeah--i dig that--I can definably see me using it as background sounds in places

1 - 9 of 9 Posts