Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the better cheapo Halloween Recordings that come out each year. This one is pretty good though because it swipes sounds from many of the best Halloween Sounds LPs of the 60s and 70s. Enjoy!!!

Horror Sounds Of The Night DOWNLOAD LINK

THIS ZIP FILE CONTAINS SIDES A AND B ALTHOUGH THE TWO SIDES ARE IDENTICAL. SIDE A IS SPLIT INTO 2 FILES AND SIDE B IS ALL ONE LARGE FILE. ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks for the upload :) yeah I here the sounds are all from other recordings, either way, its a nice tape that really makes you want to see what you hear

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Is it me, or does the woman "screaming" about 7 minutes in sound a little...well..like she's enjoying herself a little too much? If ya know what I mean..LOL! Thanks for the upload, HW..I was thoroughly entertained...and the guy at 8 mins in wasn't me!

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome.

Today I got another couple of cassettes from a friend. One is "Night in a Graveyard", and the other is called "Haunted House". They were originally released on vinyl by Haunted House Music Company. You can see some descriptions of them at Jaosn's Scar Stuff Blog HERE. I DO have a copy of the Headless Horseman LP that Jason shows. So for the first time i'll have a back cover scan of that one to show. Actually now that I think of it I do have a back cover scan of the "... Graveyard" LP also.

I was excited to get these 2 tapes as I was sure they'd be clearer copies than the vinyl rips I've ever found online. I was also hoping they'd have back cover graphics with the tape inserts. Unfortunately they not only DID NOT have back cover graphics nor were the front cover graphics as complete as the original LP front covers. It is still great to have the clearer sounding tapes though. I'll get them and the LP ripped sometime next week and have them shared somewhere.

I've attached copies of the LP scans I have for these 2 from their vinyl forms.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really appreciate you posting this. I love these old Halloween albums form the 60's and 70's. I'm listening to this album as I write this & loving it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this! I have been tryin to remember what the tape was called for years! My parents played it for halloween in the 80s for me and my brother, and it scared the crap outta us! So much so that i never forgot about it..lol..but all i could ever remember was there was a guy talkin through it, and it had something to do with bats in the belfry and a bridge...again,thank you so much! you have no idea how happy you just made me!! cant wait to share it with my dad and my brother!

2,442 Posts
Is it me, or does the woman "screaming" about 7 minutes in sound a little...well..like she's enjoying herself a little too much? If ya know what I mean..LOL! Thanks for the upload, HW..I was thoroughly entertained...and the guy at 8 mins in wasn't me!
LOL I posted in an old thread about the sound effects in some of these...There was a guy moaning in a rather erm self enjoyment kind of way..I said I'd be worried to play it in case people thought my Husband was having some alone time in the garden bushes.

Thanks for posting I love these retro Halloween tapes/albums too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of old school haunt music. To me, you just can't beat some of the old classic stuff for halloween. I'm new to the site and just got to this forum.

I appreciate the posts and definately WILL add them to my collection. Probably will go into my haunt this year.

Thanks again,

~{Autopsy}~

·
Registered
898 Posts
THANK YOU HALLOWEINER!!!
This was MY tape-I bought it when I was a kid and played it every Halloween. Eventually I stupidly got rid of it and missed it ever since.
When my nephews were little kids I would turn out the lights in my room and play it and they called it "The Radio Monster".
Thank you so much for this, I'll check out the other ones too.
Worst Witch xxoo

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is track 1?

Hey all,

I just had to post as I tracked down any info of Topstone's "Horror Sounds of the Night" (selling on eBay for $100 US???). The first track on the recording has to be the spookiest Hallowe'en-related recording I've ever heard. I've bought LP after LP of Hallowe'en Sounds from the '60s and '70s in the hope that I could find it on its original album. I now know that A&M's "Hallowe'en Sounds" contains a good deal (if not most) of the recordings from this cassette, but I'm still trying to find the first track. This afternoon, I was STUNNED to hear it playing on the PA of a local DVD rental store and 2nd-hand record shop. I immediately yelled out, "Horror Sounds of the Night cassette, where did you GET THAT?!?!?!?" The guy at the DVD counter replied, "It's the menu music to 100 Years of Horror." He showed me the DVD set and even helped me try to find the identity of that piece of electronic music. We came up empty-handed.

Does anyone here know from where that one piece was taken? I mean, I downloaded the ZIP file with the sounds and am listening to it right now (THANKS for the download link! :) ), but would still like to get the original LP.

Thanks! :D

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that there's been discussions here and elsewhere about this track. As far as I know no one has come up with that answer. I'll see if I can get a hold of Jason at Scar Stuff, and see if he knows. His mind is like an encyclopedia of Halloween Music.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Halloweiner! Listening to the piece yesterday, I kinda have the feeling the original recording could be longer than what appears on the Topstone cassette, although I'm trying to recall if I heard LP surface noise right after the track (seems everything on that cassette was taken from vinyl). I even thought it possible that this piece may have been lifted from a non-Hallowe'en, early electronic music compilation.

All plausible theories regarding the source of that track are welcome. :)

Thanks again,
Burgmail

·
Registered
9 Posts
Halloweiner: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! My folks and I have been looking for this recording for years!

Just curious...the organ music that starts playing around 1 minute into the recording:
Is that a traditional classical piece of music or do you think it was created just for this album?

I was always under the impression that it was something famous similar to Tocata in D or something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts