Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum for this...

I have just obtained the "Haunted Evening" DVD which is much like the Log Fire DVD for Christmas but for Halloween with several spooky scenes that play on your TV or what have you. (as reviewed on X-Entertainment here: http://x-entertainment.com/updates/2008/09/18/halloween-countdown-08-haunted-evening-dvd/

My idea is the have this playing during my Halloween party this year. I would like to take this idea further by splicing in random horror movie scenes that skip right to the meat and potatoes...

The problem is I'm running out of time and I cant spend hours searching through DVDs and ripping scenes as I find them...

Does anyone know of some kind of archive repository that has clips from 5-10 minutes of good gore/horror scenes in a digital video format (mpg, avi etc.)

I'll be splicing the scenes in with Adobe Premier and burning a DVD...

I'm happy to seed a torrent of the finished project for others to use if I'm able to get this put together in time...

If not I guess there's always next year...

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well my suggestion is youtube. They have some great compilations of specific blood and guts from the classic Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on elm street, exorsist, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw, etc. I have some of them on my myspace page. There the third or fourth video down...Take a look to get an idea. Use the words "horror movie montage" or horror compilation" on youtube to find some WICKED stuff. The work has already been done for you...if you need help downloading a youtube movie, let me know and ill grab it for you.

MySpace.com - Sounds in your Nightmare - Chesterfield, MICHIGAN - Gothic - www.myspace.com/soundsinyournightmare

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my suggestion is youtube. They have some great compilations of specific blood and guts from the classic Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on elm street, exorsist, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw, etc. I have some of them on my myspace page. There the third or fourth video down...Take a look to get an idea. Use the words "horror movie montage" or horror compilation" on youtube to find some WICKED stuff. The work has already been done for you...if you need help downloading a youtube movie, let me know and ill grab it for you.

MySpace.com - Sounds in your Nightmare - Chesterfield, MICHIGAN - Gothic - www.myspace.com/soundsinyournightmare
Thanks meltdown, I originally disregarded youtube because I felt like quality wouldn't be good enough, but I've reconsidered on the grounds that any grainy low resolution would probably be better anyway...

I've already found about an hours worth, hope to have this done in the next week. I'll post a torrent link if anyone wants to download.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quixin,

I used to host outrageous Halloween parties, and made about 4.5 hours of scenes on about 5 discs. i would just put them all in a 5-disc changer and let it go. I built them on the theory that no one is going to sit and watch a movie at a party, but watching a few spooky/scary scenes would definately set the right mood. The title and year of the movie pop up for a few seconds at the beginning. I think I shared a bunch of them on this forum in '06 (or maybe it was '07)

It pulls from older movies (Nosferatu, Exorcist, Halloween, etc...) and I think the most recent movie is Grudge 2.

You could either leave it as it is or rip the scenes to splice around what you already have.

Want a set?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quixin,

I used to host outrageous Halloween parties, and made about 4.5 hours of scenes on about 5 discs. i would just put them all in a 5-disc changer and let it go. I built them on the theory that no one is going to sit and watch a movie at a party, but watching a few spooky/scary scenes would definately set the right mood. The title and year of the movie pop up for a few seconds at the beginning. I think I shared a bunch of them on this forum in '06 (or maybe it was '07)

It pulls from older movies (Nosferatu, Exorcist, Halloween, etc...) and I think the most recent movie is Grudge 2.

You could either leave it as it is or rip the scenes to splice around what you already have.

Want a set?
Absolutely, Thanks alot... Anything I can find to add to the collection I have is fantastic...

Would be interested in hearing about any other great ideas you used that you thought went over well...

This is my first Halloween party as I've just moved into a house from condo living the last few years.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
JohnnyD, if you could provide me with a list of the movies you used that would make me happy! I could compile the movies on my own. Don't get me wrong, the discs would be cool too, but I wouldn't want to put you through the trouble. I rip everything to HDD and run my show off a laptop anyway. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey JohnnyD, I would also be interested in getting a compilation of this kinda. I am also hosting a Halloween party this weekend and this would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any word on a torrent of these disc you all talk of yet? I am especially interested in yours JohnnyD and quixin!!! I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! You guys rock!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quixin,

Want a set?
I know this is an old post, but does anyone have a horror movie like he describes above? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
I already own the boogymen DVD, which is
Good just lolling for something different to play at half way to Halloween party. Thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts