Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you name some?

Examples: Unless I'm missing a deleted scene, no one actually sees Frankenstein's monster throw the little girl into the lake where she drowns. For all anyone knows, it could have been an accident. But somehow, everybody knows to who to blame.

Or... in the original House on Haunted Hill, the exterior is an incredibly modern open concept Los Angeles home- but the movie set is what looks to be an old Victorian mansion.

Do you have any cinematic logic breaks that bug you?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can you name some?

Examples: Unless I'm missing an deleted scene, no one actually sees Frankenstein's monster throw the little girl into the lake where she drowns. For all anyone knows, it could have been an accident. But somehow, everybody knows to who to blame.

Or... in the original House on Haunted Hill, the exterior is an incredibly modern open concept Los Angeles home- but movie set is what looks to be an old Victorian mansion.

Do you have any cinematic logic breaks that bug you?
I believe Frankenstein actually throwing the girl into the water was censored/edited out of certain versions of the movie. I have seen it in restored versions.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've seen the restored version with the kid toss and several other scenes. What I was getting at is that no villagers SEE that happen. So how does anyone know that the monster is the culprit? For all anyone knows, she could have simply fallen in a drowned accidentally.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,850 Posts
Saw, specifically the end of the first one. GAH!! IT STILL MAKES ME ANGRY!!

How is it possible that someone was on the floor for hours "playing dead"? Can people now magically hold their breath for hours? I guess maybe some of those Indian yogis can slow down their breathing but this wasn't a yogi, it was a normal dude.

How did they not see him breathing, even if it was a shallow minimum?!?! GAH!! HOW?!?!?

I swear no movie ending has made me so angry ever. I wanted those hours of my life back. I hated it so much I refuse to watch the other sequels lest they pull that crap again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How is it possible that someone was on the floor for hours "playing dead"? Can people now magically hold their breath for hours? I
Shallow breathing is not really noticeable. People have been declared dead by doctors, and later woken up in the morgue. I think one of the old techniques to detect breathing is to hold a mirror up to the person's mouth. It would fog up from breath, at least if it was in a cold climate. In summer or the south, perhaps not.

-Joe

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Shallow breathing is not really noticeable. People have been declared dead by doctors, and later woken up in the morgue. I think one of the old techniques to detect breathing is to hold a mirror up to the person's mouth. It would fog up from breath, at least if it was in a cold climate. In summer or the south, perhaps not.

-Joe
This is why I repeatedly kick anyone I think is dead. It's just common sense to make sure. If it's a zombie or vampire, I cut off their head, burn their entrails, and then cut up the body and feed it to a school of piranha just to be safe. And yeah, I bring a school of piranha with me everywhere just in case. Nowadays you can't be too careful.

Oh, about the movie's that don't make sense. Any slasher film where the kid/adult/dog is running away at full speed and somehow the lumbering killer catches up with them. How many times do those kids/adults/dogs have to fall so that a slasher catches up with them? Mummies, same thing. You should be able to outrun a bolt of reanimated fabric as they drag their foot along the ground. If you can't, please stay with me in the next zombie apocalypse or bear attack. I really need someone I can outrun that gets eaten instead of me.

But for real fun, if you want to see just how silly horror flicks can be watch Cinema Sins on YouTube. Even our favorite films get the treatment and while sometimes you'll scream, "hey that's not fair," for the most part, you'll be nodding your head and saying, "yeah, we'll you have a point." It's funny, sarcastic, and spot on most of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts