Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I know it's likely controversial to say it here BUT I actually like the Scream series.

I love that TN (where I'm from) got Evil Dead and CT (where I live) got The Conjuring.
(at least I think that's what CT got)

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I know it's likely controversial to say it here BUT I actually like the Scream series.

I love that TN (where I'm from) got Evil Dead and CT (where I live) got The Conjuring.
(at least I think that's what CT got)
RI got The Conjuring. CT got I Spit on your Grave.

I'm sort of confused by this map. It is an idiotic mishmash. Some is based on the setting of the movie(s), others are based on filming locations, and I suspect the rest are just random selections for when they really couldn't decide on either.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
My state got "Halloween"...I like the thought of that movie, as the Halloween series is popular (and you have to love the name), though I've never actually seen it all, lol. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to Horror movies, lol. "Friday the 13th" would've been cool to have, so would "Interview with a Vampire". I love Anne Rice! (...though I wish Lestat had been played by someone other than Tom Cruise...) There's other movies I would've liked, too, that aren't even listed on the map.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Blair Witch, filmed & set in MD.

People either LOVE or HATE that movie so it's a toss up. Personally, I LOVED it though it made me slightly nauseous in the theatre.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
Blair Witch, filmed & set in MD.

People either LOVE or HATE that movie so it's a toss up. Personally, I LOVED it though it made me slightly nauseous in the theatre.
That movie was a bit freaky, for me, because I grew up in a house in the woods, lol. I was in those woods very often...
I will agree, though, that it was quite headache/nausea inducing with all the running and camera shaking, lol.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Deliverance is a weird choice. I wouldn't even call it a horror film. It's barely a thriller. It's more of a drama about three friends on a river and there's the one scene everyone remembers.

The Amityville Horror is a fine choice for NY, it's a great slow-burn horror film even if the "real" story is both an admitted hoax and full of holes anyway.

I feel like a lot of these are odd choices though. Is Carnival of Souls really the most famous horror film to take place in Utah? Jennifer's Body for Minnesota? Where are Alaska and Hawaii? I like the idea, but the nerd in me wishes there were different choices.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts