Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fright Fans,

Who remembers Dr. Paul Bearer (a.k.a. Dick Bennick) from North Carolina and later Florida?
He was the longest running horror host until he passed away in '95.

I watched him growing up and am still a big fan to this day.
I created a fan web site and also took it upon myself to write a book about him since no one else had.
I just Re-VAMPED the web site and am starting to post pictures from his early days as a radio DJ through his later days as Dr. Paul.
I'm trying to make this a worthy fan site and could use some feedback it.
Thanx in advance...

www.DrPaulBearer.com

This is the direct link to the first of the picture gallery of when he was a radio DJ.

·
Registered
Prop Building
68 Posts
I have never heard of Dr.Paul as a Canadian, mind you I grew up with nothing but TV over antenna and cable was something people in the city had, he sounds a lot like wolf man jack.

The site looks good (If a bit dated, but it adds to the charm), but I would love to see some more clips to get a better idea of who he was, I'm not sure a whole episode with the movie clipped out could be a option. A larger bio about him to explain where he broadcasted to, and how long he went for, I see you mentioned he passed in 95 here, but for the life of me I couldn't find it on the site itself.

If I missed these things while hopping around the site, I apologize :)

It's awesome you are keeping his legacy alive, it's neat to see him honoured with a web site!

Nobody is truly gone as long as there is someone who still remembers them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cool keeping his leagcy alive. I don't think I ever heard of him. When I seen this the other famous Paul Bearer came to mind who managed the Undertaker and other wrestlers.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Where I lived my brother and I grew up watching black and white late night tv horror shows on the weekend. Remember there was a creature feature show, and remember watching Elvira too, but Dr Paul Bearer was not in our area. Love his stage name and look. Your tribute website looks nicely done and helps document a kind of long-gone TV era that I’m glad I got to experience. Did you try locating and reaching out to any family he had for personal stories and maybe photos?

With so many cool things we have now with advanced technology, I have to say I still have a fondness for early shows like his. That and the B&W B-horror films and actors from that era.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts