Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone~

I've been into horror comics since they reprinted the old EC comics in the 90s (tales from the crypt, vault of horror, haunt of fear) and since i've bought up all the old back issues from the local shops, i was wondering if there was anything else out there worth looking into?

I'm not into the more modern type of comic, i like the classic panels like the EC stuff and I enjoy multiple stories in each issue vs a running saga. The shop near me has Eerie and Creepy back issues but they are b+w, i was hoping to get something color.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
i'm not sure i want to part with them, but

i read this then remembered that i had gotten a shoe box full of comics (mostly spiderman) and i recalled seeing these two:

both are in full color
but
kinda crappy condition
(how i got them, not my fault)
so i know of the comics you are talking about :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've got boat-loads of these old comics, my collection since I was a little kid. I am 43 so that ought to tell you I've had them eons. I was able to get a bunch from my cousin when I was about 10-years-old and also had many of my own. Can't part with them though, but I LOVE them and LOVE to go back and enjoy them even to this day.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
Bump

Anyone else have awesome Horror comics they'd like to share?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like the Gold Key stuff like Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery, and Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Gold Key also did Grimm's Ghost Stories, a good title. These all had beautiful cover paintings.

DC's Ghosts and The Witching Hour are great, love those, also Marvel's Crypt of Shadows, Vault of Evil and all the others...especially 70's comics, they made some great horror comics back then. Even the humorous ones like Plop! and Arghh! have a nice ghoulish edge to them. I have a little collection of comics but I give them away after I read 'em a few times, I think it's good to let some of these things circulate, since so many people love them...

Might as well put in a plug for Famous Monsters, the original Warren publication. The classic monster magazine that inspired all the others. Any old issue from the 60's or 70's is great.

People interested in getting single copies of these nice old books and mags can do a search on Ebay, there are often worn old copies available pretty cheap, a little shopping often yields a great deal or two!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts