Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! Someone, please guide me in the right direction. I want to create a character similar to Universal Studios "Darkness". Starting in the video at about 2:15 you can see who I am referring to if you do not know. My question is, what would I make the horns from? I want them to be very over sized. Any thoughts? THANKS!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Darkness came from the movie "Legend" starring Tom Cruise. Tim Curry played the creature in the movie. Tom has denied making the movie but I actually liked it. You can see Darkness in all his glory if you google the movie or pop in your video store to watch it!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
They would have to be really light and yet rigid... I'm thinking some sort of fiberglass cast or even a really good/solid paper maché over a wired form.

(and Curry was fabulous in that part... loved him!)

·
Registered
355 Posts
That is a GREAT movie =) If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure that the actual horns for the movie were carved out of styrofoam. I used to have a special edition copy of the movie with a bunch of behind the scenes footage and I know that they explained how the horns were made. I'll have to see if I still have it and report back to you =)

Update us with pictures if you decide to move forward with the project =)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own a Todd McFarlane toy of Darkness, but it doesn't look like the brown models pictured above. Here's what mine looks like:

Darkness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ugh, I was just trying to remember the name of the bad guy in Legend the other day. It came up because I was saying how Evil Mia Sara would be a cool costume.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have seen a VERY good "Darkness" mask in my local costume and party supply store. The mask is, i believe, silicone, very well painted and the horns are either molded plastic or part of the mask with a rigid framework inside. The mask is full covering the entire head and part of the chest area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts