Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am already thinking of new ideas and what I want to do different or keep for next Halloween . Of course hoping that the pandemic is something of the past or at least we’ll under control. What are your hopes for Halloween next year. What do you hope to add or change in your haunt next year.

I would like to maybe add a small maze with pallets in my front yard. Just a thought 💭! Always thinking of Halloween 🎃.

Hope to grow creatively with all your inspirations and ideas.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Always thinking of ideas & how to improve but finishing what I didn't get done this year, improving my lighting & hope weather is warmish, dry & MOST OF ALL NO WIND!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've always wanted a coffin where the lid is just cracked open and I can add fog into it with a colored light shining out. My neighbor does all kinds of wood work. I plan to perhaps discuss "hiring" him to make one for me. I'd of course help out in any way I can as far as the manual labor aspect. So maybe in the spring when we get nice weather outside I'll see if he's interested in helping. That's a prop that can last a long time and even store a few things in it too ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this year all planned and alot of the decor finished when covid hit so I changed direction and went a little simpler direction, it was a hassle but now I have alot of next years done. I did some things because of covid that actually worked well and I will be adding them to next year's theme. I have to say this year turned out better than I expected , we had a lot fewer TOTS but still 200 or so which made it worthwhile. We stayed inside for the most part but watched the kids on my ring doorbell satellite through my tablet and I rigged a voice changer so I could speak to them as they picked out their treat , I have to say it kept them honest about how many they took, I only had a few try to take more. It also allowed me more time with my family guests to have fun and play a few games without so many interruptions. I am in Calif. and the weather was perfect with the big beautiful moon hanging in the background, sorry, don't mean to rub it in, I don't know how you people in other states deal with the uncertainty of the weather, my hat goes off to you

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hoping we're mostly past the worst of the pandemic by this time next year, so the Halloween fun like trick-r-treating will be back. Ditto for the "pro"-haunts. Also hoping for far fewer storms and threats of storms along our Gulf Coast. The good news is, after several years of changing things up, I think I have a basic layout for my haunt. Just knowing where I'll be placing everything will be a help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've always wanted a coffin where the lid is just cracked open and I can add fog into it with a colored light shining out. My neighbor does all kinds of wood work. I plan to perhaps discuss "hiring" him to make one for me. I'd of course help out in any way I can as far as the manual labor aspect. So maybe in the spring when we get nice weather outside I'll see if he's interested in helping. That's a prop that can last a long time and even store a few things in it too ;)
I made one for my yard display

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a full wood shop in my garage (in Atlanta) and I always say, if you're willing to come help build and create, you're welcome to use any of my tools.

I'm so glad I found this forum. As a self-proclaimed artist, I need a creative outlet and I have always loved Halloween. Currently, I have some cheap store bought headstones and some five foot tall zombies climbing the house. I purchased some lighting this year which really helped.

I'm already planning for next year. Going to plan for two months and build for 10 months or so. I already have a theme and have started to think of ways to transform my house.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Last year, I had an inspiration to make the photo-op pillory and the full-size cannon. I'm happy with the pillory's results, but the cannon turned out to be a disappointment to me. I may scrap the plastic barrel and build a proper one out of sonotube; then I'll rig a small fog machine for the smoking effect.
This year's "after Halloween assessment doesn't provide me with the same clear idea of what's in store for next year like last year did, and my "wilder ideas" involve a certain 12 foot tall skeleton that's unavailable for purchase, and figuring out how to guide the Totr's into my not-very-accessable back yard!
I do get so much inspiration from all you fellow haunters, and am eager to read about your fiendish plans for 2021!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hoping to get some things done for next year I didn't get done this year. New "proper" pillars for the graveyard entrance - right now they are black painted 6 inch PVC pipe. Also want to find a way to suspend a scrim between 2 trees I have in the yard so I can project a ghost onto it - have a ghost floating 8-10 feet off the ground that way. Also going to change my mausoleum from just a facade to a full structure. If I can get the wife to buy off on it - I may build flats to go along the front of the house in the graveyard so it looks like castle walls.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am already thinking of new ideas and what I want to do different or keep for next Halloween . Of course hoping that the pandemic is something of the past or at least we’ll under control. What are your hopes for Halloween next year. What do you hope to add or change in your haunt next year.

I would like to maybe add a small maze with pallets in my front yard. Just a thought 💭! Always thinking of Halloween 🎃.

Hope to grow creatively with all your inspirations and ideas.
I have always loved "Nightmare Before Christmas" but never included it in my more "traditional" display. A local dance team will be performing to "This is Halloween" and asked the crazy Halloween man to build the props, which I will keep. Guess who will have a "Nightmare Before" scene in their display next year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Every year the challenge is to one up my current setup. Gonna go bigger and try building more static props- as in structures. Storage is not on my side however, so into the think tank I go. Luckily I have 10 months to figure it out lol.
I love being a member of this forum- you guys and gals keep me motivated with your ideas and ambition!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm hoping to have pink foam tombstones instead of resin & some type of graveyard fence next year. One of my tombstones broke this year when a kid tripped on it. I don't know why they insist on cutting through the yard instead of using the driveway to get to the front porch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am thinking about retiring Charlie Brown and the gang. They have been out on the lawn for the last 16 years. If I do retire them, I need to come up with a new theme that works with pumpkins, as I have 100+ pumpkin pails, and blow molds. Minions? Scobby Doo? I need direction...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Always thinking of ideas & how to improve but finishing what I didn't get done this year, improving my lighting & hope weather is warmish, dry & MOST OF ALL NO WIND!!!!!
You work out how to avoid the win please let me know!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
@Shyra thanks for the topic! Seems like a lot of us are thinking through more “walk through” ideas for 2021!

I had initially considered retiring all my witches. But, we are after all the witch house so our goal is to embrace that idea a little differently. I’m planning to attempt my first large build: a witch house. I want to put the cauldron witches inside with all their potion bottles. I want their house to be surrounded by a spooky garden with man eating plants or other spooky stuff but those ideas are still being flushed out. Will clearly have to have more interaction in this space. Here’s hoping we can pull it off!

Good luck to everyone with their 2021 plans!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts