Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know - it's insanely expensive for a 'wreath'... but, I wanted it.

9/2 placed order for Grandin Road "Happy Haunting Wreath"
9/8 - received email that it's on back order and shipping on 9/15
9/12 - received email stating pushed back until 9/22
9/29 - Told that it was coming in 'today' and I'd have within 5 days.
10/8 - Still no wreath - called back and they said they still had no inventory but would have some coming in on 10/11 and would ship out 10/13 and would upgrade to free overnight shipping for free.
10/13 - Still no shipping confirmation, so I called in again... These people all seem to know me by this point. Only to be told that they have no inventory and aren't expecting any.

What a run around.
Well, at least I've saved myself $250.

Hopefully no one else is waiting on theirs.
:mad:

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
A number of us had a similar experience last year when we ordered the Villafane Replica Pumpkin Face (still featured this year on GR's site). The problem didn't really stem from GR but from the manufacturer who licensed the product from Villafane Studios, who BTW said they too had back orders from the mfgr.

I doubt this has much to do with GR, what you've been told I'm guessing is what the mfgr has been telling GR. I know from my own experience that it's really frustrating when this kind of thing happens. GR will stick by you and either continue your order (which I did on the Pumpkin Face and it eventually came in close to Halloween) or if you wish will cancel your order and return money or release your credit card hold if you paid that way. At least you can be assured that if you paid upfront, you'll get all your money back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A number of us had a similar experience last year when we ordered the Villafane Replica Pumpkin Face (still featured this year on GR's site). The problem didn't really stem from GR but from the manufacturer who licensed the product from Villafane Studios, who BTW said they too had back orders from the mfgr.

I doubt this has much to do with GR, what you've been told I'm guessing is what the mfgr has been telling GR. I know from my own experience that it's really frustrating when this kind of thing happens. GR will stick by you and either continue your order (which I did on the Pumpkin Face and it eventually came in close to Halloween) or if you wish will cancel your order and return money or release your credit card hold if you paid that way. At least you can be assured that if you paid upfront, you'll get all your money back.
Absolutely - it's clearly a problem with their source. They've removed the wreath from their site and told me its not available and would cancel my order.
Not sure if there are any others waiting with an order in but was told they wouldn't be coming.

Cheers.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
Ugh, the Saga of the Villafane Pumpkin Face. We waited for that damn Villafane pumpkin face until almost right up to Halloween & eventually they got it but not in time for some. I was OK with getting it late but others weren't.

Look at it this way, you weren't meant to have the overpriced thing anyway. Now you can go out & buy the stuff to make your own version which will be much better & cheaper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahhh I noticed that wreath was taken down from the webisite! It's really cute tho, but it must've been meant to be :)
Have to ever checked Micheal's crafts for a wreath? The stores in my area always feature handmade items and some of them are SOOO cute. When I was in the store 2 weeks ago they were already 50% off.
Also, Etsy has some cute ones...this might not be exactly your taste (and isn't as cute as the non-existent GR one, imo) but take a look: https://www.etsy.com/listing/203412120/chevron-halloween-wreath-creepy-wreath?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_query=skull+wreath&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_view_type=gallery

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks MsSpookyBoo :)
I looked at Michael's before ordering from G.R. but didn't see any that were quite what I had in mind.
I didn't even think to check Etsy until after my order got cancelled and wish I had started there since I ended up finding a great replacement at half the price:
SteampunkVictorian.jpg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
That's a much better wreath since it's homemade. Who is the seller? There's TONS of cool wreaths there & I don't want your wreath I'd just like to see what else they do.

Just went searching there (I'm totes addicted to Etsy) & found this one that's super cute!

Here's a Jack Skellington NBC one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts