Halloween Forum banner

Hop on In for Luck of the Leprechaun Ain’t No Aprils Fool Secret Reaper

21K views 281 replies 21 participants last post by  printersdevil 
#1 ·
Hop on In for Friday the 13th Fun and Luck of the Leprechaun Ain’t No Aprils Fool Secret Reaper

Join the Secret Reaper who has recruited the Leprechaun to help spread some mischievous fun. This is a short and cheaper version of our beloved Secret Reaper exchanges. It also has a new twist and must be only ONE gift with the cost no more than $13 give or take a dollar or two. This is a great way for those Forum members who have been hesitant to jump into a full Secret Reaper exchange to try it out without as much work or involvement. But, it will guarantee you a wee bit of fun.

Again, it will be only ONE gift sent to your victim. This is the rule of the Leprechaun and must not be violated or you will never have good luck again! I am announcing this now in an attempt to give those not frequenting the Forum on a regular basis this time of year to have time to hop in and join the fun. However, sign-ups will end at midnight central time on Friday, March 13! If you miss that deadline you are out of luck. So, set your reminders on your wee smart phones and don’t miss out on the fun!

Victim names will be sent by Private Message by Tuesday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day in honor of our Leprechaun. I promise to have them all out by that top of the morn'.

You will have from then until April 1 to buy or craft or repurpose ONE gift for your victim. Don’t be a fool and miss this April Fool’s Day shipping deadline or you will have no more good luck.

Instead of doing the long lists of LIKES we usually do for Secret Reapers, this one also has a twist: In a couple of sentences explain what your theme or decorating focus is this year. Reapers have the option of searching you by way of Post Stalking to get more details from the Forum.

If the trusted Owl delivery system works correctly, you each should have your Secret Reaper gift by or close to Easter thus making the big bunny very happy!

RECAP OF RULES
Sign-up Deadline: by midnight FRIDAY the 13th of MARCH ONLY. You can post on this thread that you are joining and share your info about your theme or focus with us here. (Don’t forget to send your name and address to printersdevil and info about your theme or focus for your Haunt/party this year.)

Victim names: Victim names send out by the top of the morning on St. Patrick's Day, March 17.

Reaper Item: ONLY ONE GIFT with a cost of no more than $13 give or take a dollar or two.

Shipping Leprechaun Twist: To keep in line with our twisted Leprechaun idea, shipping should be no more than $13. If you are familiar with shipping prices, you can check weights and box size at the USPS.com and I think on the other sites, too.

Hint: Flat rate boxes that ship priority mail and can weigh up to 70 pounds through the postal service. They include insurance, tracking and delivery priority which is usually within 3-5 days. The small flat rate box is pretty small but could be used ships for only $5.95. There are two medium flat rate boxes that ship for under $13. They are different dimensions.

However, if you familiarize yourself with box sizes, it is possible to ship a lot in different boxes for $13 or less. This will help everyone familiarize themselves with cheaper ways to ship. Size of the box and dimensions are as important as weight to shipping today. So, let's keep this cheap and ship under $13, too.

Shipping Deadline: on or before April Fool’s Day, April 1 ONLY

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD. Don’t forget to PM your name and address to printersdevil and a few sentences about your theme or focus for your Haunt/party this year.) You won't be officially signed up until I get your info. but be sure to post here if you are joining and also share your info about your theme/focus for 2015 here too.

There will be a new thread after signups end with a list of everyone participating and can be used for photos, teaser and discussion.

Let the fun BEGIN!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sound's like a blast you know I am in

Ok so for me its all about witches I am doing several different scene they are Oz wicked witch, voodoo witch, Salem witch trial witch, gypsy witch, soul taker witch, snow white witch, and witch potion table set up. So anything for one of the séance would be great .
Do not like blood, guts, clowns or dolls (voodoo dolls ok)

#4 ·
Fixed the goof on dates. Thanks for the catch! That's what I get for not printing this out and checking one more time!

The price for the gift is $15.

Yes, I was trying to state that you could use another box size and shape. I am like you and know that it is possible to choose sizes and stay cheaper. I just don't want this to be a big expense on anyone. Trying to make it fast and fun and frugal.

I cringe at the amount of postage spent by us and our Reapers. This way it will even the field with the gift being $15 and the cost of shipping not to exceed the price of a medium flat rate box which is $12.65.

Thanks for the catch and questions.

#6 ·
Yeah, let's put it this way...I can ship a full size reaper box for under $10 sometimes, lol...so flat rate boxes are expensive to me! :D
Yeah, though, I see what you meant now...use a flat rate of no more than $12.65 medium cost, or your own box if you need to, not exceeding that same price. No $50 boxes being shipped, hahaha!!

#9 ·
oh, you know I am in,
witchykitty, I think the dollar amount is 15 dollars.
this sounds so much fun!
Yeah, she just fixed it, she forgot to put an amount earlier. It's in the main post now!
It does sound like fun! It would be easier and faster, only needing to send one item, but we could take our time and really make that one item an awesome, perfect gift for our victim!

#8 ·
Just realized that shipping either way is less than $13, maybe should have made this sign-up by midnight Friday, March 13th and amount of gift and amount of shipping not over $13 (give or take a dollar or two. Might be easier to remember and so fitting for our group. LOL

Just went back and edited it will be signups on March 13, Friday the 13th for one item that cost $13 give or take a buck or two, victim names out by St. Pat's top of the morning on March 17th and shipped by April Fool's Day, April 1st.

#14 ·
Just realized that shipping either way is less than $13, maybe should have made this sign-up on Friday, March 13 and amount of gift and amount of shipping not over $13 (give or take a dollar or two. Might be easier to remember and so fitting for our group. LOL
oh I like the idea of Friday the 13 :)
and its a day everyone always remembers :)

#22 ·
Hmm.... trying to make this simple. I know when there are lots of separate threads it sometime confusing. I will let this be the signup thread. I will go back and add that at the top in large different color. I will watch it closely. Then I will send each victim the sentences about each person's haunt/party or focus, too. I will post a list of the names of those in this Secret Reaper in a separate thread when sign=ups end so if I missed someone they can let me know. We will use that thread to post comments or pictures.

So there will be this thread for signups and discussion up until the close of sign ups. Then there will be a new one that shows who is involved and for pictures and follow up.

#25 ·
Not to be a pain here, but reading other people's wants is a lot of fun! It helps us get to know each other better, and it could help us on future reaps. I'm not generally a nosy person, but I'd love to see what everybody says about their haunt setups.

Edit, adding to this for clarity--
I'm not suggesting sticking to the full, long want lists of regular reapers. I'm just saying it would be nice if everyone's couple-sentence synopsis of likes/wants/style for their haunt setup was posted somewhere. It's entertaining. It gives us an idea of what our fellow-hunters main goals are, and that's information we can use for future reaps. When they get their reaps, it will also give us a clue why they got what they got.
It looks as though people are starting to put their ideas in this thread. IMO, that adds to the fun!

#26 ·
ooojen, I spent quite a while today PMing bethene and saki.girl while setting this up. THey are the two that run the Secret Reapers and I was not wanting to step on the toes of what was already set up. Since saki had already decided to delay the Mini Reaper until April, I thought this was a good small thing in the mean time for anyone wanting to do something less involved.

Later in the afternoon, WitchyKitty joined in and caught some flaws in the posting and was included in the PMing info as we got things set up. Somewhere in the scope of the afternoon it was suggested to make it simpler with the lists since this is a shorter and faster turn around involving one gift. Also so many have just received big reapers and would need to update their lists. All that info is available and can be search in a "stalking" way like we all do anyway.

I will be happy to PM anyone's victim for more info if people want me to do that. Again we were just trying something new. Saki will definitely have everyone do the detailed lists for her Mini Reaper and I can't wait. This one will just help me and hopefully others make it until that Reaper.

Again, anyone just let me know you want more info and I will get it. Or if you want to send more okay, too. :D

#27 ·
That's fine; I'm sure it will be great just as is.
I wasn't suggesting a complete want list. I was just thinking it would be fun to see what everyone's line or two about their haunt style was. Maybe when people post their received reaps they can let us know what their couple sentences were. I just find it fun to see how various reapers interpret others' wants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.