Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hop on In for Friday the 13th Fun and Luck of the Leprechaun Ain’t No Aprils Fool Secret Reaper

Join the Secret Reaper who has recruited the Leprechaun to help spread some mischievous fun. This is a short and cheaper version of our beloved Secret Reaper exchanges. It also has a new twist and must be only ONE gift with the cost no more than $13 give or take a dollar or two. This is a great way for those Forum members who have been hesitant to jump into a full Secret Reaper exchange to try it out without as much work or involvement. But, it will guarantee you a wee bit of fun.

Again, it will be only ONE gift sent to your victim. This is the rule of the Leprechaun and must not be violated or you will never have good luck again! I am announcing this now in an attempt to give those not frequenting the Forum on a regular basis this time of year to have time to hop in and join the fun. However, sign-ups will end at midnight central time on Friday, March 13! If you miss that deadline you are out of luck. So, set your reminders on your wee smart phones and don’t miss out on the fun!

Victim names will be sent by Private Message by Tuesday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day in honor of our Leprechaun. I promise to have them all out by that top of the morn'.

You will have from then until April 1 to buy or craft or repurpose ONE gift for your victim. Don’t be a fool and miss this April Fool’s Day shipping deadline or you will have no more good luck.

Instead of doing the long lists of LIKES we usually do for Secret Reapers, this one also has a twist: In a couple of sentences explain what your theme or decorating focus is this year. Reapers have the option of searching you by way of Post Stalking to get more details from the Forum.

If the trusted Owl delivery system works correctly, you each should have your Secret Reaper gift by or close to Easter thus making the big bunny very happy!

RECAP OF RULES
Sign-up Deadline: by midnight FRIDAY the 13th of MARCH ONLY. You can post on this thread that you are joining and share your info about your theme or focus with us here. (Don’t forget to send your name and address to printersdevil and info about your theme or focus for your Haunt/party this year.)

Victim names: Victim names send out by the top of the morning on St. Patrick's Day, March 17.

Reaper Item: ONLY ONE GIFT with a cost of no more than $13 give or take a dollar or two.

Shipping Leprechaun Twist: To keep in line with our twisted Leprechaun idea, shipping should be no more than $13. If you are familiar with shipping prices, you can check weights and box size at the USPS.com and I think on the other sites, too.

Hint: Flat rate boxes that ship priority mail and can weigh up to 70 pounds through the postal service. They include insurance, tracking and delivery priority which is usually within 3-5 days. The small flat rate box is pretty small but could be used ships for only $5.95. There are two medium flat rate boxes that ship for under $13. They are different dimensions.

However, if you familiarize yourself with box sizes, it is possible to ship a lot in different boxes for $13 or less. This will help everyone familiarize themselves with cheaper ways to ship. Size of the box and dimensions are as important as weight to shipping today. So, let's keep this cheap and ship under $13, too.

Shipping Deadline: on or before April Fool’s Day, April 1 ONLY

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD. Don’t forget to PM your name and address to printersdevil and a few sentences about your theme or focus for your Haunt/party this year.) You won't be officially signed up until I get your info. but be sure to post here if you are joining and also share your info about your theme/focus for 2015 here too.

There will be a new thread after signups end with a list of everyone participating and can be used for photos, teaser and discussion.

Let the fun BEGIN!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,241 Posts
Sound's like a blast you know I am in

Ok so for me its all about witches I am doing several different scene they are Oz wicked witch, voodoo witch, Salem witch trial witch, gypsy witch, soul taker witch, snow white witch, and witch potion table set up. So anything for one of the séance would be great .
Do not like blood, guts, clowns or dolls (voodoo dolls ok)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
EDIT: Okay printer, changing my previous post, since I see you fixed the main post and answered my questions, lol. :D

It sounds like super fun, but I am not sure if I have the money for it this time...I will see what I can do since there is time yet before sign up day.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed the goof on dates. Thanks for the catch! That's what I get for not printing this out and checking one more time!

The price for the gift is $15.

Yes, I was trying to state that you could use another box size and shape. I am like you and know that it is possible to choose sizes and stay cheaper. I just don't want this to be a big expense on anyone. Trying to make it fast and fun and frugal.

I cringe at the amount of postage spent by us and our Reapers. This way it will even the field with the gift being $15 and the cost of shipping not to exceed the price of a medium flat rate box which is $12.65.

Thanks for the catch and questions.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
Yeah, let's put it this way...I can ship a full size reaper box for under $10 sometimes, lol...so flat rate boxes are expensive to me! :D
Yeah, though, I see what you meant now...use a flat rate of no more than $12.65 medium cost, or your own box if you need to, not exceeding that same price. No $50 boxes being shipped, hahaha!!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just realized that shipping either way is less than $13, maybe should have made this sign-up by midnight Friday, March 13th and amount of gift and amount of shipping not over $13 (give or take a dollar or two. Might be easier to remember and so fitting for our group. LOL

Just went back and edited it will be signups on March 13, Friday the 13th for one item that cost $13 give or take a buck or two, victim names out by St. Pat's top of the morning on March 17th and shipped by April Fool's Day, April 1st.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
oh, you know I am in,
witchykitty, I think the dollar amount is 15 dollars.
this sounds so much fun!
Yeah, she just fixed it, she forgot to put an amount earlier. It's in the main post now!
It does sound like fun! It would be easier and faster, only needing to send one item, but we could take our time and really make that one item an awesome, perfect gift for our victim!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
I think Friday the 13th and St. Patrick's Day are both cute ideas. Whichever one you want, printer. Let us know! It's definitely easier to just say shipping must be $13 or under and the gift should be $13 and under, too, lol.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,241 Posts
Just realized that shipping either way is less than $13, maybe should have made this sign-up on Friday, March 13 and amount of gift and amount of shipping not over $13 (give or take a dollar or two. Might be easier to remember and so fitting for our group. LOL
oh I like the idea of Friday the 13 :)
and its a day everyone always remembers :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
Okay, so we have sign ups now until Friday, March 13th...Victims will be given out by a leprechaun on or before St. Patrick's Day, March 17th...and shipping and gift must each be $13 or less. Is that all correct? :D

Hmmm...now to decide on if I can join or not...:eek: It sounds so fun!!!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
(Hahaha...anyone reading all these posts we just made about our conversations and discussions of all the date/price changes is going to be confused as to what we were all going on about now that printer has doctored the original post! :D :D :D ) Ahhh, the craziness of Secret Reaper...

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,039 Posts
So, printer, is this the sign up thread...or will you make a new thread for sign ups? Also, do we just write down our two sentence "like" (theme) info when we sign up...or will there be a separate "like" (theme) thread, too?

I'm just full of questions tonight, hahaha!

1 - 20 of 282 Posts