Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
wow looking awsome , i am amazed at everyone on the forum this year everyone made great use of the lighting , it is very well done i love all the display you did and the skull on that tree is just the best effect .

i need to ask where did you get those giant bugs and flies ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The giant bugs we got at Menards, you can't really find them anymore cept on Ebay. I've seen them for about $29 +shipping there. Spirit stores had em too.

We took the Tot'rs on a tour of the haunt and told them creepy stories about each creature. We told the children how taking a stake out of a vampire's heart would bring him back to life. Then we would ask em if they were brave enough to pull the stake out :D

Next year we are thinking about making a full Vampire bride body to go with the severed head in the coffin. Have them both posed, laying with each other in a tragic lovers death.

Terra you always know what to say to give a guy warm fuzzies inside :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lighting always comes out richer when you do a 4 second exposure on a digital camera with a tri-pod.

Anyone can get such rich color effects with their night pics, but the key is absolutely no movement of the camera or the people or things you are photographing.

One slight movement means the picture will be blurred.

Ie: The cave with the flying crank skeleton had absolutely no green lighting in it. Although, we did have a green spot shining up on our bugs on the house.

The 4 second exposure picked up the subtle green of that spot trickling in on the stalagmites enhancing the color effects of that pic.

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
amazing haunt, loved it! the vamp with a stake was great. And loved the grave digger. Did you make his hands? I wanted to buy a tripod for my camera this year but never got around to it. So some of my night shots are blurred. Anyway, extremely cool!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
amazing haunt, loved it! the vamp with a stake was great. And loved the grave digger. Did you make his hands? I wanted to buy a tripod for my camera this year but never got around to it. So some of my night shots are blurred. Anyway, extremely cool!!!
No, I didn't make the hands on that one, my Co-Haunter friend, Pat did. The hands came on the skeletons when we bought them but we cut each finger apart individually at each joint.

We then made new palms out of scraps in our shop. The existing palms were too small and fragile.

Once the fingers were dissected into small sections we ran coat hanger wire through each joint piece making them poseable. After we got them in the position we wanted, we then epoxied them into place and coated them with liquid latex.

hands before :

hands after:

On this particular one we added a few more joints to make em longer and creepier by using bones from some scrap foot pieces that were laying around. Those hand actually went on our skeleton marrionette.

The really, really, sad thing is these Skelleys aren't being made anymore. They were discontinued in 2003 and I haven't been able to find any since.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts