Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...was a SMASHING success!!! Great turnout, great costumes, great food, great FUN!!! The last guests have just left and I am psyched. We had a wonderful evening!! Thank you SOOOO much, pandora, what a fabulous idea...the girlfriends just loved it. We played a howling game of witchy/Halloween related Catchphrase in teams, and the die-hards who stayed late went on to a hilarious game of Scene It in the movie room. No trouble at all deciding who got prizes ( we did most original, most glamorous, and most classic witch ), the outfits were spectacular. Wine and "Patti's Patron Party Punch" flowed (I could hardly keep the pitcher full of the Patron Party Punch, we went through one bottle of tequila and started on another ) And yes, we had DD's not the least of which was my own sweet hubby who toiled like a slave all day helping me get things ready, then discreetly retired to the upstairs to await his mission of driving certain shall we say, TIPSY witches home. God bless him!!

Great fun was had by all, and here's a few pics from my camera (I'm awaiting others from the girls, there were lots of cameras around, and with the hostessing duties, I didn't take as many as I would have liked.) Maybe I'll try and make an album when I get them all together.

Here's my "witches legs" pumpkins:

Food table:

Our 'most glamourous' witch, wearing her prize, made by me:

Our 'most classic' (of course with the green face!):

Our 'most original"...you can see why:

And a group shot...I'm in front dressed as Serafina Pekkala from The Golden Compass:

My mom and her best friend:

And some other random shots of the evening:

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
What an incredible spread! Looked fanstastic! Mouth started watering just looking at it lol
And the pumpkins are adorable!
I had to do a google search for 'Pekkala from The Golden Compass' in order to figure out which one you were haha
Looks like you had a fantastic time. Wish I had that many girlfriends here in Holland to do that with.
So what is 'catch phrase' and 'scene it'?

MsM

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Mhooch - I'm thrilled you had a great time!! Mine was tonight as well and I will have my pics up tomorrow...hopefully - I'm exhausted. I'm so happy for you!! So it begs the question, Witch Party next year too???

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What an incredible spread! Looked fanstastic! Mouth started watering just looking at it lol
I had to do a google search for 'Pekkala from The Golden Compass' in order to figure out which one you were haha
Looks like you had a fantastic time. Wish I had that many girlfriends here in Holland to do that with.

MsM
Oh goodness, those are some of my favorite games! Catch Phrase is a word guessing game and Scene It is a movie trivia game.

MHooch, you party looked wonderful. I loved seeing the variations of witch costumes.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mhooch - I'm thrilled you had a great time!! Mine was tonight as well and I will have my pics up tomorrow...hopefully - I'm exhausted. I'm so happy for you!! So it begs the question, Witch Party next year too???

Oh, yes, this will be an annual affair from now on!! Just think of all the witchy energy we generated between our two parties, so fun that they were on the same night!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

MsM[/QUOTE

Thank you!! The food turned out great, and everyone loved the Witches Finger cookies. As Halloween Princess already said, Catchphrase is a game where you try to get your team to say a word or phrase by describing it ( and you only have a certain amount of time to get as many as you can)...and Scene It is a trivia game that you play with a DVD on your TV. There are several versions of Scene It...classic movies, TV, sports, and MY favorite...Harry Potter!!! I made up my own Catchphrase words that were witch/Halloween related. I offered a special prize for the first person who knew my character's name....and I got to keep my wine, LOL. None of the girls has seen the Golden Compass!!! :rolleyes:

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh goodness, those are some of my favorite games! Catch Phrase is a word guessing game and Scene It is a movie trivia game.

MHooch, you party looked wonderful. I loved seeing the variations of witch costumes.
Thanks, HP!! The party theme was all pandora's idea, and a great one it was!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks like you had the most wonderful time!

The Pictures are great! Everyone looked like they had a blast!

Thanks for sharing them!

BW
:)

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Oh my Hooch...now I see you. It was the long curly hair (a deviation from your authentic self) that threw me off track. What a stunner you are!!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like fun! In the group shot, if I counted correctly, there are 13 witches! How wonderful!
And that shot wasn't everybody, there were 20 of us all together. (You know how hard it is to round people up for pictures!!)

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Looks like you had a blast!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ohh Mama Hooch this pics are fantastic!! Looks like a great party - wish I had been there! :D Your food looks yummy and sounds like everyone had a blast! As I said on Pandora's thread, seeing all these pics of witch parties makes me want to have one next year :)

Also - you look amazing!!! What a great costume :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts