Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Is there a full recipe list somewhere? I've seen the couple that are in this thread but I was wondering if there's somewhere to go to find the full list.
No, this is the full list. The recipes have since been modified. You are more than welcome to use them. I am the creator of the recipes in the original post.
If you have any questions please PM me. Alternatively; you can now buy similar scents online.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Hey!
Just ordered 2 Toxic Spills and 2 Charred Flesh vials from your site. Very cool stuff...can't wait to smell them!

I've seen some other sites that sells similar scents, but you're so much more affordable!

Thanks!
Great hope you enjoy them!

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is the issue with essential oils in the fogger -- do they corrode the machine, not dissipate properly, or what?
Just curious.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
What is the issue with essential oils in the fogger -- do they corrode the machine, not dissipate properly, or what?
Just curious.
The high concentration of organic chemicals can clog up the machine, and yes, they don't dissipate.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Since my order from Eyegore's site is MIA, I ordered some oils from Wellington's. Question for those that did the same, did you get the 'Premium' oils or the 'Body/Cosmetic Oil' grade? I got a mix of the two grades and the Body Oils smell way way too perfumey -- the Spanish Moss I got smells like Petunias. Do the scents become less potent? Anyone put anything in them to knock down the perfumey-ness?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spanish Moss Fragrance Oil

I think it has to do more with the mislabeling of fragrance oils rather than the grade. Every Spanish Moss fragrance oil I've sampled smells like flowers. The only ones I've found that smell like plants are English Ivy (still a bit floral though), Sweet grass (smells like hay to me) and Fresh Cut Grass (smells like you just cut your lawn). I haven't found any that actually smells like a mildewy graveyard or and old swamp. I was hoping that Eyegore had. The Rich Potting Soil fragrance oil smells to me like pungent, dry dirt (my favorite) while this company's dirt fragrance smells too flowery and nothing like dirt to me. A different company makes a spot-on match to Yankee Candle Witches Brew in my opinion and THEIR Dirt fragrance oil smells like an old wet log...perfect, but not really a very strong scent. It seems that most companies want to make fragrances that smell good rather than accurate...go figure! LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Froggys Fog - CERTIFIED and SAFE - Fog Scents, Scent Cups and Scent Sprays

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Froggys Fog has an affordable line-up of over 20 different scents for your fog. We also launched scented cologne sprays at Transworld Hauntshow in St. Louis back in March of this year and there are over 40 to choose from. Also, in our scented products is the amazing scent cup and scent distribution box which can scent a 200 sq ft area for over 45 days.

All of our scent additives are certified under the guidelines of IFRA, the (International Fragrance Association) and are manufactured by a certified RIFM (Research Institute for Fragrance Materials) plant. We have each oil based scent and water based scent designed by a certified scent manufacturer and each has its own IFRA Certification with different percentages for the various usage categories. Please be careful when mixing fragrance oils together and make sure to follow the IFRA Max Use Levels for each oil. There is an IFRA Category 4 which states the Maximum Usage Percentage in Perfumes, Body Lotions & Creams and Hair Sprays. There is no real way to know the true maximum usage percentages when mixing different oils together to create a new smell. We rely on the professionals to certify and test each fog scent because safety in something you breath is always our number one priority. Believe me, I would love to have a Slaughter House fog scent but the fragrances that have to be used to create the smell cannot be certified for use in an airborne fog additive. We even had to have our Burnt Flesh fog scent redesigned due to new IFRA guidelines set forth for one of the fragrances used in the mixture. We launched the new certified formulation as Charred Corpse so there would be no confusion. Froggys Fog is our name and fog is what we do. We added the fog scents because we know the importance of the chemicals in the fog. We also know that adding anything to the fog you breathe must be done safely. We want to make sure that the products you use are always professional, certified and safe.

All of our scented cologne sprays also adhere to the guidelines set forth by IFRA for perfume use. We want to stress that making your own scents can be very fun and intriguing but please be careful when adding it to your fog or spraying it in the air. The guidelines for usage maximums are much different for each and every scenario and scent. For example, here is a link to a candle supply website http://cart.candlesupply.com/product.php?productid=18521 On this page you will notice that the maximum percentage of this oil that can be used in a perfume Cat. 4 is 44.5% but it can be used at 100% in Cat. 11A for Candles. There is even a disclaimer on the site the states that the company is not responsible for finished products made with their ingredients and that you are responsible for testing each oil in your finished application.

I want to stress again that each of our fragrances are certified for their intended use. We do have to pay more for our scents because of these certifications but it is worth it because we know that our customers and their friends and family are safe. We spend the extra time and money to know that a guest in your haunted attraction, home or party is breathing a fragrance that has been designed specifically for that use and is safe. We also try our best to keep the cost down to our customers. A 1 Oz. bottle of fog additive that scents 2 full gallons of fog is only $11.99. That means you get to scent each gallon for only $6.00. There are also price breaks for buying a 2 Oz. bottle ($19.99 or only $5.00 per scented gallon). The scented cologne sprays are priced the same at $11.99 for 1 Oz. or 2 Oz. for $19.99. The sprays really do go a long way as they are designed to the maximum of the guidelines for perfumes. A couple of sprays and you smell all night. You can find all our scent products at http://www.froggysfog.com/category/30-scents/ We hope you have a wonderful and safe Halloween.

Froggys Fog

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thanks for the heads up froggys! I didn't honestly even take into consideration the different levels for usage :s

2,442 Posts
Love this thread, I made the Witches Brew recipe last year. I did it as a room spray and it made around 15 bottles. I'm still using it to fragrance my home, even my Mum and Brother love it and have a few bottles too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just ordered these from Wellington.

1 sspa2 Spanish Moss (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

1 spup2 Pumpkin Pie (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

1 soak2 Oak Moss (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

2 scl2 Clove (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $2.70

1 SERVICE CHARGE $5.00

1SHIPPING USPS Priority Mail $6.85

·
Registered
288 Posts
I should have had more time to experiment before the day of, but it was a great addition to the senses having the smells.

Just ordered these from Wellington.

1 sspa2 Spanish Moss (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

1 spup2 Pumpkin Pie (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

1 soak2 Oak Moss (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $1.35

2 scl2 Clove (Body Oil - 1/2 oz.) $2.70

1 SERVICE CHARGE $5.00

1SHIPPING USPS Priority Mail $6.85

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow!...Going to add that to my cannon props...Thank you for sharing!

161 - 180 of 181 Posts