1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New barrel topper
1 - Old unused Rubbernaid trash can
1 - Bag-O-Bones
1 - Left over skeleton parts from Walgreens Skelly (after cutting neck down for use on butcher table)
3 - Cans of Great Foam
1 - Can of red spray paint
1 - Can of red mahogany laquer spray paint

Result

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!! somebody did it! It looks great! I was intending on doing this next year to hide a fog chiller... so that a garbage can makes sense out in my yard. I didnt know how to start... Thanks for leading the way!
A question or two: While making it, did you just prop that up with a plastic bag and spray the foam all in there until it hardened, or did you make it out of the can to fit somehow? Your topper does come out correct?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richbeast
I simply cut out a piece of cardboard to match the shape of the trash can and fit in about 4 inches down. I also lined the top inside edge with cardboard.
I had to cut it a little around the edges to make it come out with a large kitchen knife but it was only stuck in a couple of places.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Aww hell... aww HEEEEEELLLLLLL......

And I have a 55 gallon drum I could use for this idea...... NO! Can't steal it! This is all yours!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The trash can is awesome, love it. If available I might try turning the lid upside down and securing it to the inside of the can. Then you have less to fill foam to fill the container with. Great idea I love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts