Halloween Forum banner

981 - 996 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had Home Depot once kind of lose something I had ordered from them, might have been the horse. It was delivery to my home however. Tracking showed it was picked up by their hired delivery service but then nothing. And it only had to travel within the State. Called them, they eventually figured out whatever the problem between them and the other company was and I did end up with whatever the prop was so hopefully you'll get similarly lucky as well. HD's customer service was actually very helpful and followed up with updates to me. Did yours show it left the the warehouse and just is missing further tracking within Home Depot's system?

On my Pirate Ship Steering Wheel that I ordered off an ebay seller, he said it was "defective" so it was returned (without even telling me before hand). Said they returned it because they only sell quality products. Now they never said it was damaged, but defective. My last correspondence with the guy was are you telling me you open up boxes to everything you sell to see if it works? The wheel was described as new in box. I doubt I'll hear back from him and seriously doubt he had one to sell in his possesion. Figure he ordered it off HD's site when it went on sale, relisted it on ebay for a quick turn around and was going to have HD deliver to me (this has happened to me with ebay sellers before where HD and Walmart shipped directly to me). Guessing he either had HD cancel his order as it went out of stock and couldn't be filled or he decided he could sell it to someone else for a lot more than his Bid Now price. Really frosted over this as it's happened to me before by an ebay seller and I think it's wrong to sell stuff you don't have. Any way counting down the days to leave him negative feedback. I could have ordered from a few other sellers that morning and theirs apparently all shipped as the transactions showed completed and shipped so big waste of my time. He did issue a refund but that was beside the point. I wanted the Wheel which he supposedly had for sale. The fact he was offering free shipping and I was paying a little over the 50% clearance price tells me he was having HD ship it direct.

I really hope your case Kittyvibe works out better than mine.
I just had the same thing happen with an ebay seller. I decided I'd treat myself to one large prop on sale after Halloween and it was the skeleton horse. Ordered and paid for, a couple of days later I get some odd message about it being damaged and that they couldn't supply it. Possibly same seller (shop-atx)? So disappointed as by time I got the email, all the sale items had sold out so it was too late for me to get something else. This is message I got from seller....
I regret to inform you that the item you purchased was the last one we had available and we were just told by the shipper that it is damaged. We are very sorry but we are unable to deliver this out to you and apologize for the inconvenience this has surely caused you. At this point you have two choices:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Home Depot really held off until the end to begin slashing prices this year, didn't they? I thought that they would have marked practically everything down by the middle of October at the very latest. When the actual sale started, it seemed that there was virtually nothing left, either online or in stores.

Sorry to hear about items being missed out on due to them being lost. The company truly needs to get a better, more dependable method of shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I got my Green Dragon delivered today, and OMG, the box is the size of a refrigerator and 94 pounds. My horse and Pony were delivered yesterday and they are on my front porch as well.. What was I thinking? Planning on moving in 2 years from NY to Florida and all my husband keeps saying is how are we going to take it all? He is a saint..

·
Registered
666 Posts
So I got my Green Dragon delivered today, and OMG, the box is the size of a refrigerator and 94 pounds. My horse and Pony were delivered yesterday and they are on my front porch as well.. What was I thinking? Planning on moving in 2 years from NY to Florida and all my husband keeps saying is how are we going to take it all? He is a saint..
Yeah, I bought the Zombie Horse last year for $75. The box was so large that it made me decide to sell it and the other two gargantuan HD boxes I had; the Spider and the Werewolf.

·
Registered
300 Posts
When the actual sale started, it seemed that there was virtually nothing left, either online or in stores.
That appears to be the truth. I did not bother stopping at any physical locations toward the end, but I know that there was jack available for shipping leading up to Halloween when the company finally had real discounts going.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mine was delivered on Tuesday and I had the same reaction. Holy smokes does it take up a lot of room. I had to reorganize my garage a bit but made a good spot for it. It doing so I created room for another one. I was agonizing over whether I should buy two when i got it. Still glad I only got 1..... but dang $85 for a dragon is just such a good price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had Home Depot once kind of lose something I had ordered from them, might have been the horse. It was delivery to my home however. Tracking showed it was picked up by their hired delivery service but then nothing. And it only had to travel within the State. Called them, they eventually figured out whatever the problem between them and the other company was and I did end up with whatever the prop was so hopefully you'll get similarly lucky as well. HD's customer service was actually very helpful and followed up with updates to me. Did yours show it left the the warehouse and just is missing further tracking within Home Depot's system?

On my Pirate Ship Steering Wheel that I ordered off an ebay seller, he said it was "defective" so it was returned (without even telling me before hand). Said they returned it because they only sell quality products. Now they never said it was damaged, but defective. My last correspondence with the guy was are you telling me you open up boxes to everything you sell to see if it works? The wheel was described as new in box. I doubt I'll hear back from him and seriously doubt he had one to sell in his possesion. Figure he ordered it off HD's site when it went on sale, relisted it on ebay for a quick turn around and was going to have HD deliver to me (this has happened to me with ebay sellers before where HD and Walmart shipped directly to me). Guessing he either had HD cancel his order as it went out of stock and couldn't be filled or he decided he could sell it to someone else for a lot more than his Bid Now price. Really frosted over this as it's happened to me before by an ebay seller and I think it's wrong to sell stuff you don't have. Any way counting down the days to leave him negative feedback. I could have ordered from a few other sellers that morning and theirs apparently all shipped as the transactions showed completed and shipped so big waste of my time. He did issue a refund but that was beside the point. I wanted the Wheel which he supposedly had for sale. The fact he was offering free shipping and I was paying a little over the 50% clearance price tells me he was having HD ship it direct.

I really hope your case Kittyvibe works out better than mine.
I wouldn't leave him a negative feedback. I sell products as 'New in the Box', but always open them before shipment to test to ensure the buyer is fully-satisfied. With the new eBay policies, even if an item is sold as defective, you can still open a return case saying it was defective and eBay will always side with the buyer. I'd give that seller a break because he sounds genuine. If you feel the need to dent his eBay account for a year in the slightest way, go with a neutral feedback.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #990 (Edited)
I wouldn't leave him a negative feedback. I sell products as 'New in the Box', but always open them before shipment to test to ensure the buyer is fully-satisfied. With the new eBay policies, even if an item is sold as defective, you can still open a return case saying it was defective and eBay will always side with the buyer. I'd give that seller a break because he sounds genuine. If you feel the need to dent his eBay account for a year in the slightest way, go with a neutral feedback.
Don't you think he should be selling something that he has in his possesion and knows the condition of it before listing? In many cases sellers take advantage of having the original company like Home Depot or Walmart foot the bill for shipping to the buyer, who then pays a mark up as well. I've had items sold on ebay end up tracking and shipping directly from Home Depot or Walmart's warehouses to me. If it's "New in Box" I'm expecting it to arrive unopened. It's ebay sellers like this guy, and I've now encountered a few, who snap up discounted priced items from the true end-buyer, not intending to keep for themselves but resell at a markup. Tired of having product I've already committed to buying pulled from me and missing out on buying from a seller who will actually ship what they say.

When I'm buying a product that's been opened and pulled apart to look for defects, it's no longer new in box, period. In that case, it's like a returned product and in which case I'm expecting the product has already been checked over and appropriately listed as to condition and I'm buy based on that. I still doubt he had the product and think Home Depot ran short of stock and cancelled his order. How many of us have been on that receiving end from a company?..thinking of GrandinRoad and a few others, and I've had Home Depot do it to me on one occasion. Based on his listed price and knowing the size of the product for shipping, and given I know what the 50% markdown price of the item was he would have paid, no way was he including shipping for free at his end if he was shipping himself. He'll get the feedback he deserves as well as should all sellers like this. Time ebay weeds out people doing this.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Don't you think he should be selling something that he has in his possesion and knows the condition of it before listing? In many cases sellers take advantage of having the original company like Home Depot or Walmart foot the bill for shipping to the buyer, who then pays a mark up as well. I've had items sold on ebay end up tracking and shipping directly from Home Depot or Walmart's warehouses to me. If it's "New in Box" I'm expecting it to arrive unopened. It's ebay sellers like this guy, and I've now encountered a few, who snap up discounted priced items from the true end-buyer, not intending to keep for themselves but resell at a markup. Tired of having product I've already committed to buying pulled from me and missing out on buying from a seller who will actually ship what they say.

When I'm buying a product that's been opened and pulled apart to look for defects, it's no longer new in box, period. In that case, it's like a returned product and in which case I'm expecting the product has already been checked over and appropriately listed as to condition and I'm buy based on that. I still doubt he had the product and think Home Depot ran short of stock and cancelled his order. How many of us have been on that receiving end from a company?..thinking of GrandinRoad and a few others, and I've had Home Depot do it to me on one occasion. Based on his listed price and knowing the size of the product for shipping, and given I know what the 50% markdown price of the item was he would have paid, no way was he including shipping for free at his end if he was shipping himself. He'll get the feedback he deserves as well as should all sellers like this. Time ebay weeds out people doing this.
I agree. When it says NIB it really should be. You can tell when something isn't because it is never packed as tight. I would think you are taking more of a negative feedback chance saying it's new when clearly it's not.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would leave the seller 1 star and blast him in the review. If there was damage, the seller could have sent Spookie an email showing the damage and seeing if they still wanted the item. perhaps at a discount. However, It's clear they never had the product to sell, or did in fact flip it to someone else at a higher price.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
HEADS Up looks like the projector sale will end tomorrow!

·
Registered
269 Posts

Thanks!! I can put them out for the pumpkins..Can't beat the price!

·
Registered
399 Posts

The reviews of them have always scared me away at any price, but they still appear to be available at 75% off.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The reviews of them have always scared me away at any price, but they still appear to be available at 75% off.

This...you really get what you pay for and it really isn't that great. I purchased one and it wasn't my cup of tea, so it went back. I did however purchase 3 Goodee projectors and at almost 3000luman I love them.

981 - 996 of 996 Posts