Halloween Forum banner

961 - 980 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone seen the Headless Horseman in stock? Wife decides NOW that she wants it for next year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #967
Has anyone taken their HD skeleton horse and zombie-fied him? I have the regular horse and didn't see a need to buy the zombied one but since I have the winter dragon prop (ie the GOT Night Dragon with blue eyes and blue LED colored fog) and just picked up the Night King full head mask from SH's after halloween sale, I'm thinking that could be a decent display. Love any links to posts if you've done something like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #968 (Edited)
If anyone is looking for the WindowFX Plus projector (HDMI, bluetooth) Home Depot has it available for free ship (11/5) or to free store pickup (11/7-11/12) right now for only 22.49 (reg. 89.98).

Looks like they held them back for people decorating for Christmas. Some of the LED Gemmy lights are for sale but also geared towards Christmas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone is looking for the WindowFX Plus projector (HDMI, bluetooth) Home Depot has it available for free ship (11/5) or to free store pickup (11/7-11/12) right now for only 22.49 (reg. 89.98).

Looks like they held them back for people decorating for Christmas. Some of the LED Gemmy lights are for sale but also geared towards Christmas.
Just saw that this morning and bought one. Going to use it to try and recreate the singing busts from Haunted Mansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I wanna throat punch whoever took or "lost" my ship to store animated pirate steering wheel. It never made it past Georgia.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #972 (Edited)
I wanna throat punch whoever took or "lost" my ship to store animated pirate steering wheel. It never made it past Georgia.
I had Home Depot once kind of lose something I had ordered from them, might have been the horse. It was delivery to my home however. Tracking showed it was picked up by their hired delivery service but then nothing. And it only had to travel within the State. Called them, they eventually figured out whatever the problem between them and the other company was and I did end up with whatever the prop was so hopefully you'll get similarly lucky as well. HD's customer service was actually very helpful and followed up with updates to me. Did yours show it left the the warehouse and just is missing further tracking within Home Depot's system?

On my Pirate Ship Steering Wheel that I ordered off an ebay seller, he said it was "defective" so it was returned (without even telling me before hand). Said they returned it because they only sell quality products. Now they never said it was damaged, but defective. My last correspondence with the guy was are you telling me you open up boxes to everything you sell to see if it works? The wheel was described as new in box. I doubt I'll hear back from him and seriously doubt he had one to sell in his possesion. Figure he ordered it off HD's site when it went on sale, relisted it on ebay for a quick turn around and was going to have HD deliver to me (this has happened to me with ebay sellers before where HD and Walmart shipped directly to me). Guessing he either had HD cancel his order as it went out of stock and couldn't be filled or he decided he could sell it to someone else for a lot more than his Bid Now price. Really frosted over this as it's happened to me before by an ebay seller and I think it's wrong to sell stuff you don't have. Any way counting down the days to leave him negative feedback. I could have ordered from a few other sellers that morning and theirs apparently all shipped as the transactions showed completed and shipped so big waste of my time. He did issue a refund but that was beside the point. I wanted the Wheel which he supposedly had for sale. The fact he was offering free shipping and I was paying a little over the 50% clearance price tells me he was having HD ship it direct.

I really hope your case Kittyvibe works out better than mine.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I had Home Depot once kind of lose something I had ordered from them, might have been the horse.

I really hope your case Kittyvibe works out better than mine.
It left the original warehouse location in GA to sone other store in GA for some reason. It was bought on the 25th and tracking showed no updates or movement from the second GA location on the 27th.
The CS rep said I could try calling that store up there to see if its hanging out in their warehouse but I seriously doubt it.
I figure some ding dong unloaded it to their store instead of keeping it moving along. And it was sold off their floor or stolen.

I got the order cancelled as the rep said the status is now "lost in transit" which is total bs to me. Refund coming and after I mentioned compensation for the lost item that she said was now discontinued I got a $25 ecard.

I hope it returns next year. Otherwise Ill forever burn about this. Every time I ship to store half of my items get lost. I was in a buying frenzy amd didn't realize the wheel defaulted to store pickup.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The horseman I heard is no longer being made.. he was made 2 years now.. if he does come back he will be 250.. I'm selling mines as it takes too much room.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #980 (Edited)
The WindowFX Plus projector @ 22.49 is still available to order to ship to home or store for free.

Mine arrived yesterday via OnTrac at home. I've taken advantage of the clearance sales on these each year to add to my projection capability. If you are wondering what the differences are in the Home Depot sold versions, here's what I can tell. The first year's had videos on an SD card with 12 projections. Following year the Plus series came out and instead of an SD card used, projections were embedded in projector hardware, and it came with USB for input as well as added HDMI for streaming off devices and support for bluetooth wireless remote speakers. The short stand it came with was the same kind of crappy one from the prior year that would lose position over time (at least for me it did). 14 projections, I think all different from the previous year. This year's Plus version looks to be the same model as last years (same features) but with 16 projections and a solid stand. Might be some duplication of videos but many new ones.

Here's the videos each version came with (L to R, oldest to newest sold models):

You might notice the 1st year’s model came with AtmosFearFX’s videos. Both companies after that first year went off and did their own thing. TotalHomeFX focused on the more typical home haunter with more affordable solutions and AtmosFearFX went the more semi-pro route I guess you can say with the larger noticeable difference in lumens for the projectors. Both companies produce their own content.

961 - 980 of 996 Posts