Halloween Forum banner

941 - 960 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
For anyone who is wondering, yes, you can fit the 2 pack pirate skeletons and the pirate ship in a 4 door Civic, you just have to leave behind the pirate ship box
Did you modify the skeletons when you got them unboxed (ie: put any pirate style clothing on them?) I had to dress them to fit in the rest of my crew of skeleton pirates.
It's a HUGE box for that pirate ship, but the contents inside are much more compact. I actually bought a boxed ship two weeks ago, and needed every inch of my Suburban's rear cargo area to hold it. When I got it home, my wife asked where in the world is that behemoth going to be stored during the rest of the year? Without opening the box, I reluctantly got back in the Suburban and drove it back to HD and returned it. about a week later, I decided I would MAKE space for the darn thing, because it was just too cool an item for me to pass up. That's when I found that they were all sold, and wound up getting the floor model and a nice discount. All's well that ends well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The ironic thing is, I was willing to pay full price for the ship, as the 30% off deals that were being offered didn't apply to the pirate items. It was a bit of a surprise for me to get the discount, as well as seeing how easy it was to disassemble as they took it apart for me. The Suburban had ample room for the unboxed pieces, and so I know now it will be easier for me to store in my basement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My favorite local HD did not have any 5 ft skeletons left - only the glow-in-the-dark ones yesterday. Today I happened to stop in at my 2nd favorite HD and they had boatloads of skeletons, so I picked up 4, as well as a hanging skeleton guy, a hanging pumpkin guy & 3 fake pumpkins. Wasn't planning to buy more after yesterday, but today, I got motivated again so now I've got a total of 15 skeletons .... I'm set!

Now begins the drive to learn how to use reindeer motors, build my planned animations (6 of them) and get everything set up with lighting by Wednesday so I can test everything.

I feel for everyone experiencing crappy weather - I've been there! I grew up in N. Minnesota where we had to plan our costumes to fit over a snowmobile suit if winter decided to show up or it was just going to be freezing drizzle. However, I live in Phoenix and I've waited thru 5 months of 100+F weather to finally be able to be outside and I'm friggen loving it! No rain, not a cloud in the sky (actually, haven't seen any in over a month... weak monsoon season...), weather in the 70s and wind < 5 mph forecast for this week.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #948 (Edited)
Well morning got a little brighter. I remembered last year when I missed out on the HD 75% markdown on the gargantuan spider I went that morning to ebay. Worked again for me today with the pirate wheel. Yes, some people have already marked up the product well above the 50% price they probably ordered it at this morning, but you can find some who aren't looking to make much money off of it, and I suspect ordered it from HD and will just change the shipping address to you so it gets shipped directly from HD warehouse, which this buy now item seems to be doing.

Thought I pass this on for anyone disappointed that they got to the site late this morning. If you wait too long the items will have to be shipped to the ebay seller and then the shipping to you will be much more. BTW my steering wheel if it had been directly ordered from HD was 49.50, free shipping and tax added. I found a seller that had it listed for 52.47, free shipping and tax came to 4.72 for a total of 57.19. I'm happy enough with that. Seller had a verey positive rating and said the wheel would ship UPS, so sure it is coming directly from HD warehouse.
Wow, I am so glad I immediately looked on ebay for the pirate steering wheel. For the heck of it decided to see what they were selling for now and OMG 227.28, 114.88, 159.00 and 350.00 (or best offer). And you know they all probably bought it when it went to 50% off (49.50).

Of the ones that were sold and completed transactions the prices were: 120.92, 108.41, 117.51, 119.99, 49.50, 118.95.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am a real big fan of these fog machine hoses:

They make my life simpler. I hated those metal pronged things with the screws that used to be the standard fog machine hose attachment (like what comes with this). The new style just sticks right onto the nozzle, no adjusting, no air gap, no messing with finding parts that will work.
I TAKE IT BACK.

BEWARE. If you have any bend/kink in the plastic hose, it will MELT.

There are two hard plastic tubes inside the corrugated hose, one near the machine attachment and one in the middle where there are 2 pieces of hose connected together (with staples!) The hose wants to bend right where those pieces end, which lets the hot fog come in contact, get too hot, and melt right through.

I am SO not happy with these. If you make a product for a fog machine, knowing it's HOT coming out the nozzle, you damn well better make sure the hose isn't gonna melt and let all the fog out.

I still like the nozzle attachment, but might be better to replace the hose entirely with something heat resistant. IDK what.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
But ... in the wild, arctic landscape of Canada this werewolf makes a lot of sense ;)
Tried to get a photo of my new werewolf with my pet Polar Bear outside our igloo but the late summer blizzard we are experiencing wouldn't let me focus properly since we are now in 24 hours of darkness in Canada's Capital - Ottawa.

Can't wait to see the grass again next July.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just picked two up as well and I'm not thrilled with them. However everyone else seems to like them so I'll be hanging onto them until I find something better. Any idea where your neighbor got his?
I returned mine. My neighbor got his led flame light bulb from amazon. No brand listed but the box was black & orange & it had a black base. Theres so many brands/brandless ones available though. I ordered the black base type that from customer pics came in a black & orange box. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KJL5FXV/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

·
Registered
399 Posts
I returned mine. My neighbor got his led flame light bulb from amazon. No brand listed but the box was black & orange & it had a black base. Theres so many brands/brandless ones available though. I ordered the black base type that from customer pics came in a black & orange box. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KJL5FXV/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
I actually got a cheapo flame bulb from Walmart. It actually doesn't look bad. At first I didn't realize it had three modes and was going to put it right back into the box and return it. Mode 1 looks like a flame. Mode 2 and 3 suck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I went to my Home Depot this weekend, anything decent was gone. They did have 3 glow in the dark skeletons some guy grabbed one before me and I grabbed the other 2 the regular ones were gone weeks ago, got a craft pumpkin and the only clearanced inflatable they had for 7.50 as I needed the fan and/or just power supply for granddaughters Minion. Last year was getting stuff the day after, there stock at my local store seemed smaller than previous years.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I bought the horseman for 62 I'm thinking about selling it? Should I? If I sell it what would be a decent price?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Homed Depot online is now 75% off.. I was able to get a dragon for $87.00 and the skeleton pony for $24.00.. Free Delivery.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am in the process of returning the fire dragon I bought in august, because of tail flange breaking.I had already received a warranty tail and the flange broke again as soon as it was rotated ,Ordered the Mystic dragon for $87.25 to replace it.And hopefully will get to use it next year.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I noticed the werewolf jumped back up to $199 from $99.I went to local store yesterday they had the sandworm airblown,sandworm projector,skeleton archways,and a few little things.They did 75% off while I was looking at them.But only walked out with a pumpkin and pillow for the wife.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I noticed the werewolf jumped back up to $199 from $99.I went to local store yesterday they had the sandworm airblown,sandworm projector,skeleton archways,and a few little things.They did 75% off while I was looking at them.But only walked out with a pumpkin and pillow for the wife.
I was able to get the skeleton carriage should look great with my skeleton horse/pony.

941 - 960 of 996 Posts