Halloween Forum banner

861 - 880 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
8 new skeletons, wow! I mean, it's super cool but at this stage in the game I'm thinking "more work to position and fasten them in compelling vignettes ... " I was relieved that the Lowes I hit had what my neighbor wanted but nothing I wanted :)

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Will Lowes starts their 50% off on Thursday the 24th. So im i would assume HD will be starting their 50% off around that time.
Lowes is 50% now. A number of us have posted in the Lowes thread that our purchases rang up 50% at the register inspite of some stores still having signs posted saying 30% thru 10/23.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
I live near Dallas and a HD got hit by the tornado 2 nights ago. No one was hurt thank goodness. But imagine all the decor just flying thru the air. I wish it had landed in my yard lol
I saw some video footage of what they said was the HD there. Honestly from what I saw couldn't see anything that resembled HD. Sad for all those employees that will be out of a job now and going into the holidays too. Glad to hear no workers were injured. And big loss for the area who now will need to buy a lot of the lumber and supplies that they had in the store.

Loved the wish for a happy landing of halloween in your yard though!

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
I was wondering if the stand alone pirate wheel would go on sale online but still at full price. Doesn't seem to ever have been shipped to any stores near me and none are showing any stock. The pirate ship and it's display model have been gone from my local store for weeks now as well as the pirate skeletons. Wonder if any one in my neighborhood bought one. Would love to see it set up in someone's yard.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As I think I said before. They should have had the Knight last year with all that dragon stuff. Kind of pointless this year.
People who bought the dragons from Home Depot last year intended to reuse them, I'm sure, and may be glad to see a companion piece. There are multiple dragon props around, plus At Home decided to go with a medieval theme to a good amount of the merchandise this year. The knight prop may not make sense to some, not being their style, but there are surely customers in the market for such an item. Reading through more recent portions of this thread, I have noticed a lot of hate for it, which I really do not get.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Went to Home Depot today and things are really cleared out compared to last time I went....All pirate ships and barrel/spyglass pirates are gone....Display demo pirates is gone....There's only a few lights left I was hoping to get on sale...Looks like there won't be much left to get when the sale finally hits....Glad I got everything I wanted early!....ZR

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just bought a bulb from HD that suppose to look like fire. The color is too light yellow and the movement isn't that good. My neighbor has a different brand and his looks way better. Not happy with feit electric.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am a real big fan of these fog machine hoses:

They make my life simpler. I hated those metal pronged things with the screws that used to be the standard fog machine hose attachment (like what comes with this). The new style just sticks right onto the nozzle, no adjusting, no air gap, no messing with finding parts that will work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
People who bought the dragons from Home Depot last year intended to reuse them, I'm sure, and may be glad to see a companion piece. There are multiple dragon props around, plus At Home decided to go with a medieval theme to a good amount of the merchandise this year. The knight prop may not make sense to some, not being their style, but there are surely customers in the market for such an item. Reading through more recent portions of this thread, I have noticed a lot of hate for it, which I really do not get.
I should have at least moved it's head or arm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah last year the head power adapter was broken in mine I got a new head however and it works great. I had mine standing on its own and it was fine I think honestly everyone has one problem or another but just as a static prop it’s pretty good.
Hey. How did you get a new head my werewolf head stopping working after one year??

·
redrum
977 Posts
I just bought a bulb from HD that suppose to look like fire. The color is too light yellow and the movement isn't that good. My neighbor has a different brand and his looks way better. Not happy with feit electric.
I hear you, I have tried HomeDepot LED bulbs before and they are just not the right color, too light. Walmart is the worst. I stick with Lowes for now when they have them in stock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Home Depots current 30% off runs through tomorrow.. I would be willing to bet that the 50% off sale starts on Friday morning. Looking online to see what is currently available at our local store..

·
Registered
891 Posts
I can't believe the stores don't have the pirate ship discounted yet. We went to ask about the displays to see what those could be discounted at and they said 10% might as well buy it at regular price and boxed.
Our local Home Depot sold out of the pirate ships. My guess is corporate knows they have a good thing and will wait for people to decide it's worth it at the price point they hope for rather than discounting it early to get rid of it before Christmas.

861 - 880 of 996 Posts