Halloween Forum banner

821 - 840 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I must not be looking hard enough, I've been to all of those stores many times in the last few weeks. Maybe I've been bypassing the costumes in search of decorations...

204 Posts
I have to say, just a little disappointed in what our own Home Depot has out for this years Halloween.
The only good thing that I have to say about Home Depots stuff, is that they have the Cheapest Skeletons out there.
Yes......they might not be the Best quality..BUT.....does it really matter when they are stuffed into a Coffin or they are 20 or 30 feet away, from the little Haunters destructive little hands?
Each to their own, but......when did Dinosaurs and everything that goes with them, ever become a part of Halloween???
I just don't get that, at all.
I get the Pirate theme ( Kind of? )....but to me.....Halloween is all about Ghouls and Ghosts and Witches and Grave Yards and Spooks and Haunted Houses etc.
Dinosaurs have No Place in that mix.
Yes....its Great that some "Marketing Genius" came up with an idea, as to how to increase their sales, BUT......"Really"......Dinosaurs?
Geez......do they have Christmas Dinosaurs as well?
Ya.....Nothing says Christmas more to me, than seeing a Dinosaur in the Manger, alongside the 3 wise men.
The World that we once all knew, has gone completely Nuts!

·
Registered
3 Posts
30 days from purchase. If it’s online it’s a lot easier.
I was looking into this...on HD's Guaranteed Low Price page there is a list of 'What's Not Included' and the first thing on the list is seasonal. I'm wondering if this is new and maybe they won't do it anymore? Or maybe it's always been there....

Was looking to pull the trigger on the ship and hoping to get it half off at the end of the month with this method lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was looking into this...on HD's Guaranteed Low Price page there is a list of 'What's Not Included' and the first thing on the list is seasonal. I'm wondering if this is new and maybe they won't do it anymore? Or maybe it's always been there....

Was looking to pull the trigger on the ship and hoping to get it half off at the end of the month with this method lol
You can always buy it and then if you find one on sale at the end of the month, buy it again and then return it using your old receipt. We did that last year with the big lunging witch.

·
Registered
212 Posts
HD I went to yesterday had Christmas and Halloween along an entire wall.I saw nothing new except a extra large furry airblown reindeer

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
selling good -pirate ship,pirate skeletons,rocking witch,werewolf(at some stores)headless horseman.But it may still be early for some shoppers
Good to know! Jury is still out on the white wolf man. Just totally undecided. Glad to hear he is selling though! Can’t be sad to know there’s more wolves prowling around on Halloween thanks to HD.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
wow, hd is packed with xmas out already, packed.....bought the tall witch with raven, for my gurl collection, im so happy shes on my front porch right now...got a ton of lighted pumpkins....

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
I had to run into my local store to pick up some things today and stopped by the halloween section. The ship that was in the store was sold apparently since it was gone from the display and no boxes on the shelf for it. I could tell some of their stuff was limited from my last trip in. Wonder if they will get restock.

Xmas has been out for a while in my store and same with Lowes when I was in last week.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Please, please post as soon as HD starts dropping prices, or has a one day sale, especially on glow in the dark skellies. I have six or 7 but I need a bunch more. Thx, Mike

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
Picked up a few supplies at HD this morning and looking more bare every day. Heard a mother and daughter talking as they walked by the halloween section and the mother was saying how much was already gone. I'm pretty sure halloween at this location was downsized in product this year compared to the past few years. Then again I remember not that many years ago when they hardly had anything. Wonder if they are going back to that or this year is just a nervous time for stores due to the economy and politics so were keeping things scaled back a bit. I know even my Target (which did just remodel to stay relevant I guess) definitely has less halloween out this year. Hard to also say if stores aren't pushing for holiday shopping to be done online so they don't have as much left over stock.

·
Registered
586 Posts

It’s always worked for me for Halloween not x Mas btw

·
Registered
212 Posts
It’s always worked for me for Halloween not x Mas btw
I know it's taboo but, HD has a Gemmy animated retriever for christmas at $149,walmart has the same thing for $89.They are currently denying they are the same because walmart box has Holiday time on it.I have even provided proof straight from Gemmy they are indeed the same and only sold at these two retailers.So mine is due in today and guess where it will be going straight to.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Only works if another retailer sells it or they reduce the price the day after you bought it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
They have marked down a bunch of Haunted Hill Farm static or animatronic items if anyone is interested.

Has anyone purchased anything from this brand? Looks kinda cheaply made but might be worth the discounted price.

Any idea if they have "try me" buttons? I'm assuming they trigger off the crummy piezo style triggers that don't work very well.

821 - 840 of 996 Posts