Halloween Forum banner

761 - 780 of 783 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
b
We did away with them years ago. You get one 15% off if you change your address online. Those "forwarding the mail" packets do not contain the coupon anymore.
Gotcha. I remember getting those coupons when we moved a few years ago but couldn’t remember how it worked minus the fact that it came from the kit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just get them on Ebay but only get them if you save money. Lowes 10% go for a cheap amount $1.50-$2 and Home Depot may take them in store but call your store ahead. I heard some don't honor them. The Lowes specific coupons you can use online but the Home Depot specific are in store only.

Sometimes you will luck out and find a cheap 15% just ending in auction form. You can buy it now for around $25-$30 so you need to spend at least $200 to break even. You can save up to $200 so load up on what you need project wise if you are doing something pricey like flooring. It is well worth the small investment and I never found one not to work that I bought. I did it around 12 times throughout the years.
I could have answered this question if my local HD on hands for the Horseman were correct. I had to order him online. Wasn't about to go all over just to find one that was in stock. BTW i really want that Werewolf i just wish that would have given torn clothes as opposed crappy onesie they are using that is supposed to pass as fur.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The White wolfman isn’t bad. I would buy him. I’m slightly bummed about his clothes though. From what I can tell, the two frames (White wolfman and the gray one from last year) might be pretty similar. I had thought maybe you could interchange the clothes. Maybe dye them? I am slightly bummed the clothes are all white/beige.

·
Registered
359 Posts
A few of the Canadian animatronics have different audio then the American ones

Pirate on barrel sings

Rocking witch laughs

Pirate captain sings

Additional animatronics. Sorcerer laughs and has a magic sound effect. The giant reaper also speaks French.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The pumpkin guy (Hayride Hellion) and the vampire are both also on HomeDepot.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
The pumpkin guy (Hayride Hellion) and the vampire are both also on HomeDepot.com

Yep. They’re only available in store in Canada however.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I thought the vampire was pretty good until I read the reviews. You would thinking a prop looking at the floor would be something the manufacturer would work out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ended up taking both the werewolf,(honestly think the grey one from last year was better except the skinny legs) and the horseman back because both had some breaking welds.Any thoughts on Jack?I noticed on the 2 videos for Sally, in one the right arm moves,left arm moves in the other.I might get the knight because it's cheap and it would go with the wife's 2 dragons

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ended up taking both the werewolf,(honestly think the grey one from last year was better except the skinny legs) and the horseman back because both had some breaking welds.Any thoughts on Jack?I noticed on the 2 videos for Sally, in one the right arm moves,left arm moves in the other.I might get the knight because it's cheap and it would go with the wife's 2 dragons
Jack is a great item honestly. Sally was setup wrong in the video. She’s supposed to move her arm holding the flower.

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
Had to run into HD on Friday for some project parts and got my first chance to see their halloween section. Was pretty much all out I'd say from what I've seen on here. Loved the pirate ship and even tapped it to see what the plastic sounded like. Impressed. I'm still considering the pirate wheel alone since I simply don't have room for the entire ship, but so far have remained focused on doing what I need to do with my current theme instead of stray any further on other purchases. Hope to still pick up later this year.

In a way I was disappointed in what HD had this year, something seemed missing. Realized projections via projector weren't a main focus and gone were the vast display of Gemmy spot lighting we've seen the past few years. Actually noticed the projection DVDs were all gone from Spirit this year. I guess with so many people savvy enough to download projections online, the DVD version isn't really needed. Also why AtmosFX has been clearing out their DVD version of projections.

The skeleton pirates did seem smaller in stature. I did like some of the new airblowns they were carrying this year. My favorite would be Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, but a nice selection overall. Not so sure I get the need to do projections inside the airblowns though.

I found two interesting 48-inch long products in the insulation area that I see a lot of promise with for facade embellishing. Both are rafter vents, one in EPS and the other a vacuform plastic. Here's links to the products:
1) https://www.homedepot.com/p/Durovent-22-in-x-4-ft-Rafter-Vent-10-Pack-XUDV2248/205466794 This can easily be separated into 11-inch x 48-inch sections (so only .49 a section)
2) https://www.homedepot.com/p/ADO-Products-Provent-22-in-x-4-ft-Rafter-Vent-UPV22480/100561170 for 22x48" panels or https://www.homedepot.com/p/ADO-Products-14-in-x-48-in-Rafter-Vent-10-Per-Carton-UPV1448010/202541345 for 14x48" size panels.

Believe Lowes had one or both of these in their stores as well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Had to run into HD on Friday for some project parts and got my first chance to see their halloween section. Was pretty much all out I'd say from what I've seen on here. Loved the pirate ship and even tapped it to see what the plastic sounded like. Impressed. I'm still considering the pirate wheel alone since I simply don't have room for the entire ship, but so far have remained focused on doing what I need to do with my current theme instead of stray any further on other purchases. Hope to still pick up later this year.

In a way I was disappointed in what HD had this year, something seemed missing. Realized projections via projector weren't a main focus and gone were the vast display of Gemmy spot lighting we've seen the past few years. Actually noticed the projection DVDs were all gone from Spirit this year. I guess with so many people savvy enough to download projections online, the DVD version isn't really needed. Also why AtmosFX has been clearing out their DVD version of projections.

The skeleton pirates did seem smaller in stature. I did like some of the new airblowns they were carrying this year. My favorite would be Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, but a nice selection overall. Not so sure I get the need to do projections inside the airblowns though.

I found two interesting 48-inch long products in the insulation area that I see a lot of promise with for facade embellishing. Both are rafter vents, one in EPS and the other a vacuform plastic. Here's links to the products:
1) https://www.homedepot.com/p/Durovent-22-in-x-4-ft-Rafter-Vent-10-Pack-XUDV2248/205466794 This can easily be separated into 11-inch x 48-inch sections (so only .49 a section)
2) https://www.homedepot.com/p/ADO-Products-Provent-22-in-x-4-ft-Rafter-Vent-UPV22480/100561170 for 22x48" panels or https://www.homedepot.com/p/ADO-Products-14-in-x-48-in-Rafter-Vent-10-Per-Carton-UPV1448010/202541345 for 14x48" size panels.

Believe Lowes had one or both of these in their stores as well.
Ha! I literally had the 48x22 one in my hand an hour ago while looking for flat, bendable plastic. Not what I needed for my Halloween project, but how funny.

761 - 780 of 783 Posts
About this Discussion
782 Replies
86 Participants
Therewolf
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing