Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
Ouch! We had a similar situation when my son played football in H.S and Halloween fell on a Friday night. We worked it out though. Start recruiting helpers now from other sources and explain the situation. You may just get new recruits for the following years as well if they enjoy themselves. Let the band kids know that you'll still have a place for them next year when football isn't a conflict.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Our homecomings were always on a Friday night; traditional football night for high schools.
Really? Ours was always on a Saturday then they had the dance. Where they had the dance I have no clue because I never went to any of them but I recall going to every homecoming game on a Saturday. I also recall not winning many either.:D

High school football isn't so huge here. It's big, yes, but not like Friday Night Lights big. We've got plenty Baltimore & DC sports teams to keep the sports fans busy I guess.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately ;) our high school team was in the state finals last year. I have four high schoolers. Luckily only two of my kids go to the regular high school (both in band), my other two go to a stem high school. I am begging them to recruit, recruit, recruit!

My band kids are my junior Haunters though. Such a bummer! We have been working on the haunt all summer!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I always see folks hear saying how they love when Halloween is on a Friday. By far I think that is the worst day to have it. Too many competing activities: Football, dances, parties, bars doing the costume thing.. I hate it.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Plus for some Friday will still be a workday. I much prefer Halloween on a Saturday so I don't have to take off work.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Around here it's the collage games, and they take precedence. If Halloween falls on a night the OU or OSU plays, they move toting night. They are worried about the kids being out with all the football traffic, and half of the drivers drunk. One year the kids really made out. Because of football schedules, Stillwater held toting on Thur. night. Norman held toting on Fri. night. And OK City was Sat. night. It they could get their parents to drive them, and it seems like every toter gets driven now days, they could really make a haul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts