Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cheap fog matchine "The Fog Machine" just broke down. The timer works and the fogger does trigger but it only spews a little stream and makes a droning sound (didn't sound like this before).

So I really have two options: 1. Fix the current fogger with generic/correct replacement parts (I think it's the pump) 2. Build a new fogger out of parts off of the Internet so that I can easily take it apart and easily buy new parts if needed.

I would be open to other suggestions of other options like if you know of a fogger of good value.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The idea of building a Frankenfogger sounds exciting, but I have to wonder how costly that would end up being...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are you getting some fog, but not a lot? If so, you may have a clog in the nozzle area.

1) UNPLUG your machine and wait for it to cool down.
2) Straighten a paper clip and using pliers, insert it carefully into the nozzle. (If the paperclip is too big to fit, find a needle or sometihng smaller that will.) Don't worry, you don't have to go in too far and there isn't really anything in there to damage.
3) Fill your tank with clean water and run it for a while. Like, a LONG while.

I had a fogger do the same thing. I though it was dead, but it turned out that it just had a clog. Once the clog passed, it was like new again. Seriously, clean the nozzle and try to let it run with the timer on minimum delay and maximum run time. Did it with mine, and after about 30 minutes, if cleared and was perfect...

-=CoasterBP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I guess next time I should try that to make sure it's a clog. Thanks. I ran water&soap through the nozzle (the detachable nut part) Then reattached it and ran water for an hour then vinegar for about :30. It's running good now.

Still though. As just a brainstorming exercise: anyone's thoughts on a custom built fogger? I think it would turn out like a custom computer: pay less for labor/brand and use that chunk saved for better parts. = a better fogger for the same price?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts