Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There is only one other house in our town that goes to similar lengths to what we do. Sofaman is a member here in fact, and was featured on the front page of our paper this Halloween. (our haunt made it there last year.)

There probably was under 10 houses I saw otherwise with some props out (besides possibly a pumpkin or scarecrow.)

I keep hoping our yard haunt will stir more people in town to decorate and join in the fun!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I live in Coon Rapids, we just did our first backyard haunt. I grew up in Brooklyn Park. The neighborhood I grew up in always celebrated Halloween, but most houses just did a few small decorations and pumpkins. My new neighborhood in Coon Rapids doesn't do a much, but as more of the old people move out and younger families move in, I imagine that will change.
Wasn't MN voted one of the best places to celebrate Halloween?

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
We just moved to Moorhead MN. I was a little nervous, no one had decorations out in our neighborhood until the day of Halloween. I guess it has to do with the wind? I usually set up my yard October 1st but didn't do it this year until the 25th! The weather is definitely different from the east coast that im use to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts