Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Fair warning: I'm new.

Yet, since I was 6 I dreamed of opening my own haunted attraction.

Now, at 30, I've done just that after home haunting for over a decade, creating ideas, inventing new creatures and using suggestions from so many of you over the years. The attraction benefits a local community non-profit group as well, so it's win-win for everyone, raising nearly 12k in the first operating year with over 2000 visitors (in a city of 1200 people). In 2009 alone, over 3,000 volunteer hours made our event what it is today.

I'll be working on uploading photo's, video's, etc to be of assistance to others via online. If you're close to Omaha, NE / Council Bluffs, IA stop by for a great time on Sat. nights...we'd love to have you...and prices are only $5.

Looking forward to learning, growing, and getting to know more of you.
Spence Terry
Event Director, Corporate Private Consultant, Hotel Manager by day
Gateway of Chaos Founder and Director by night
gatewayofchaos.com
Malvern, Iowa

G

·
0 Posts
hey & welcome!!! just left you a note on your profile page before I saw this. But I'll say it again-love your pics and I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!! :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey ya! Welcome to the forums! I too, am from Iowa! We are looking into the possibility of going pro this year, but we may stay a home haunt for now. It takes a LOT of work and MONEY to get a pro haunt up and going!

It's a shame you're so far away though! Perhaps you can attend one of our Iowa haunter gatherings we try to put together every year. Last year some of us met up in Cedar Rapid at Frightmare Forest. If you're interested I'll keep you posted and let you know if any gatherings get planned!
:).

·
Registered
860 Posts
welcome to the forum.just checked out your album, looks good.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome aboard. i'm from iowa and sure, i've heard of council bluffs. you heard of mason city iowa? i'm a small town right outside of there. last year we went to des moines to check out some halloween happenings and they were all booked when we got there, so we had fun shopping instead. we just pulled up fun halloween things to do in iowa. maybe if you're listed there we'll see you. how far away are you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts