Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-:- Hi-Rez Designs -:-
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow haunters,

I recently purchased the Home Haunters 2010 DVD Collection that was compiled, assembled, and organized by the Davis Graveyard owners. I highly recommend getting it if you haven't yet ... I watched it the day I got it and stayed up half the night watching every video in their entirety and thoroughly enjoyed it. Here is the link for the DVD collection set: http://www.hauntersvideos.com/videos.htm

One thing I noticed is that many people included "still photos" of their haunts with there videos ... sort of a digital slide show.

Many times, especially because haunts are so dark, video cameras don't pick up all the detail and show off the hard work people put into their haunts. Most home video cameras, especially in low light either have a really dark image or mute the colors for "night vision" mode.

But, still images taken with most quality digital still cameras catch the ambient and mood lighting perfectly, especially the rich colors and look 100x better than a consumer video camera can get as an image.

This got me to thinking ...

I have some resources that can print very high quality hard bound / hard cover coffee table style books at a very reasonable price ... approx $43 for a 100 double sided page book, with excellent color and quality.

If I was to organize a project that people can submit their photos / page comps to the specs required by the printer ... I think we can make a really nice quality 2010 Home Haunters Book that features everyone who submitted photos a really nice compilation of 50 or so haunts that would showcase everyone hard work and glorious photos.

The price of the book would be the exact price it costs to make and ship and I am willing to "donate" the time, expertise to arrange, catalog, compile and design the whole thing to make this happen ... if this was something people were interested in having done.

Fortunately, books can be printed as ordered, so I am not worried about any $$$ cost up front ... it would be a 0% risk for me anyway ...

So ... I am throwing the idea out there and seeing if anyone would be interested in either submitting photos / artwork, or if they would be interested in getting one of these books after completion.

Basically I want to know your thoughts, feedback, suggestions or ideas ...

Let me know what you think ...

Thanks.

-HiRez00

·
Registered
995 Posts
Oh I love that. And I totally get what you're saying about the stills. They show you so much more detail. I'm totally in!:) When are you thinking about putting this together? Oh and what was that dvd called? I can't seem to find the one you're talking about.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Love the idea !! I have preferred pic books over vids as I like to view them & book pics just seemed better to me. Nice for you to donate your time & offer this to us ! :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
I'd be interested. Sounds like a novel idea (no pun intended!). I know there are Home Haunt calendars out there but a book would be very cool, and I'm thinking a big seller. I'm curious as to how the pics for the book will be selected. I'd certainly like to contribute and have a few worthy shots of my haunt. Let us know how this progresses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts