Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a thread on this yet, so thought I'd make it.

Any early sightings?

I'm hoping this year is better then last year. Last year was a bust for me...nothing I really wanted.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think last year it was TJ Maxx that first had Halloween items out the end of July and then Marshalls quickly followed. User ScaryMom reported that the set date for Home Goods was August 17 in 2017.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I agree about last year, nothing that really screamed at me. Usually there are at least 3 to 4 items I keep going back for to see if I can find ( things seen in pics here on the forum) last year there was not one thing I felt the need to look for. My store never really did get in the quality or quantity of merch like it has in years past.
So like you my fingers are crossed this year is better.

And yes last year TJ Maxx had stuff out first, by weeks if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I felt like I got some great things from TJ Maxx stores last year, but I was lucky in that I was able to hit a bunch of stores throughout the state while conducting other business. I didn’t see these items at most of the stores, so I can see where it would be hit or miss if you were only able to go to a couple of local stores. My favorites were the tarot pillows and witch kiosk sign.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have seen a lot of postings in other groups for the past week or two that Home Goods and At Home both have Halloween in the stores. We don't have either of those stores where I live so I can't post any pics. But if you have one near you, please post those pics! :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,848 Posts
Right now most stores here are in Back to School mode but the new At Home just opened & it has Halloween AND Christmas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw the first signs of Halloween items in my local TJMaxx/Homegoods combo store yesterday. Skull glassware. Nothing else but summer stuff is heavily on clearance and pushed out in front of the store because they're trying to make room for the fall items that are coming.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I wonder what busts they’ll have this year. I kinda went crazy on them last year because I was making up for the previous year where I didn’t buy any. They always have pretty cool busts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was at a HomeGoods today and a manager told me they would be getting Halloween this week or next! He said his particular store would likely get it next week (something about their trucks being late?) and most stores getting it this week. I can't wait!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,848 Posts
I almost hope they don't have any new busts this year or they're too big (like the double ones) because I love them & I'm compelled to buy them if I see them even though I don't need any more of them!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I almost hope they don't have any new busts this year or they're too big (like the double ones) because I love them & I'm compelled to buy them if I see them even though I don't need any more of them!!
Haha me either! I bought way too many last year, and 2 of them were the double ones.....Frankenstein & his bride, and the vampire couple, which is one of my favorites. I just don’t have enough room for them all! I’m sure I’ll buy more though if they are of the same size/quality. I will just have to rotate them in my displays and keep the others in the garage, which thankfully can be stored there without risk of damage,

·
Registered
573 Posts
This is so true! I really don't need anymore (keeps repeating to self)

1 - 20 of 470 Posts