Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 870 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Ohhh I was waiting for a Home Good thread to be started! 😁

I just so happened to have this photo handy because I am trying to sell these guys. It’s actually kind of a funny story how I even ended up with them.

First, let me just say that I have a HUUUUUUGE bust obsession. Among others, but that’s a story for another thread. I can’t recall where I first saw them, whether it was here in the forums or actually in Home Goods. But there I was, in Home Goods looking for Halloween busts when I come across both the bride and groom. I immediately put them both in my cart. But then as I was pushing the cart down the isles browsing at other things, I said to myself, do you really need these? Where are you going to put them? Do you really need to spend $150 on them? At the time I think they were like $75 a piece? I can’t remember the exact amount. So in that split second, I did the ultimate shopper no-no: I abandoned my cart. Walked straight out the door and went home.

Fast forward to the next day. I’m sitting at work, and it was all I could do to try and concentrate. I just kept thinking about those busts! The morning goes by......still thinking.....then lunchtime goes by.......still thinking.....then early afternoon. Still thinking about those busts!

So I stood up and said that’s it! I have to have them! I left work early (thank goodness it’s really flexible where I work) and I drove straight to Home Goods praying that they would still be there. Maybe my cart abandonment was a good thing, since it might’ve taken a few hours or even til the next morning for the sales associates to get around to putting the things from that cart back onto the shelves.

My luck struck...I spied them on the front shelves as soon as I walked in the door! And to top it off, they were marked down in price from the day before! It was like they were meant to be mine.

So now you’re probably wondering, why sell them. Well, that’s an answer that many of you can probably relate to. I literally have no space to put these, or more importantly, no space to store them. I have 2 spare bedrooms full of Halloween decorations, not including what I have in the garage. And I keep buying new stuff. I am starting to curb my spending, but I know I will buy a few new things each year, and I need to make room for it.

My bust obsession has runneth over, and these 2 didn’t make the cut. As much as I love them, I admired and appreciated them during the time I had them, but it’s time for them to move on.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,337 Posts
OH I feel your HG bust obsession! I only have the Bride & she was marked down too because she was missing the flashing eyes. She HUGE & while I love her she doesn't fit without the Groom but I can't justify him since I have pretty much ALL of the others. I'm not even sure this is all of them! I have the original Frankenstein that looks like a male supermodel but at least his bolts are in his neck & not his head like the newer version. I also repainted him green.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
@RCIAG yeah I remember seeing yours last year or possibly even the year before! I LOVE your collection, all the older ones that they made with the decorative pedestal bases. I hadn’t discovered these busts from Home Goods until after the fact, if you can believe it I wasn’t a huge Home Goods shopper, so thats what set my bust search in motion. Never found any of them though, just the ones they made after that.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,337 Posts
That was just a paused movie. When I take pics of the mantle for Halloween or Christmas I like to have the TV on something seasonal. That was some Hammer movie.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
OH I feel your HG bust obsession! I only have the Bride & she was marked down too because she was missing the flashing eyes. She HUGE & while I love her she doesn't fit without the Groom but I can't justify him since I have pretty much ALL of the others. I'm not even sure this is all of them! I have the original Frankenstein that looks like a male supermodel but at least his bolts are in his neck & not his head like the newer version. I also repainted him green.
I love your witch head from Zulily! I actually haven't had mine out the past couple of years due to not really having anywhere to place her. I'm going to make it my mission to find a home for her this year.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Ohhh I was waiting for a Home Good thread to be started! 😁

I just so happened to have this photo handy because I am trying to sell these guys. It’s actually kind of a funny story how I even ended up with them.

First, let me just say that I have a HUUUUUUGE bust obsession. Among others, but that’s a story for another thread. I can’t recall where I first saw them, whether it was here in the forums or actually in Home Goods. But there I was, in Home Goods looking for Halloween busts when I come across both the bride and groom. I immediately put them both in my cart. But then as I was pushing the cart down the isles browsing at other things, I said to myself, do you really need these? Where are you going to put them? Do you really need to spend $150 on them? At the time I think they were like $75 a piece? I can’t remember the exact amount. So in that split second, I did the ultimate shopper no-no: I abandoned my cart. Walked straight out the door and went home.

Fast forward to the next day. I’m sitting at work, and it was all I could do to try and concentrate. I just kept thinking about those busts! The morning goes by......still thinking.....then lunchtime goes by.......still thinking.....then early afternoon. Still thinking about those busts!

So I stood up and said that’s it! I have to have them! I left work early (thank goodness it’s really flexible where I work) and I drove straight to Home Goods praying that they would still be there. Maybe my cart abandonment was a good thing, since it might’ve taken a few hours or even til the next morning for the sales associates to get around to putting the things from that cart back onto the shelves.

My luck struck...I spied them on the front shelves as soon as I walked in the door! And to top it off, they were marked down in price from the day before! It was like they were meant to be mine.

So now you’re probably wondering, why sell them. Well, that’s an answer that many of you can probably relate to. I literally have no space to put these, or more importantly, no space to store them. I have 2 spare bedrooms full of Halloween decorations, not including what I have in the garage. And I keep buying new stuff. I am starting to curb my spending, but I know I will buy a few new things each year, and I need to make room for it.

My bust obsession has runneth over, and these 2 didn’t make the cut. As much as I love them, I admired and appreciated them during the time I had them, but it’s time for them to move on.

View attachment 713605

I have both of these as well! The only thing I never really liked was that the groom had that red flower on him, but he does make an excellent spooky Christmas decoration!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have both of these as well! The only thing I never really liked was that the groom had that red flower on him, but he does make an excellent spooky Christmas decoration!
Yeah it sort of stands out a little since there is literally no color on either of them! It’s almost like he is a very subdued dio de los muertos skeleton with his hat and the print on his shirt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They'd be great for a Halloween wedding... I'm hoping home goods goes back to the better quality decor they did years past. My favorites of mine are the old crone with the raven and the voodoo guy, Dracula... They need to do wolfman and a gypsy

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Homegoods is an obsession of mine once they start to get stuff in. I have 3 close by and hit them all at least once a week.
Lol. I'm sooooo telling my husband you trifecta every week. He still thinks after many years of this I'm the only one with a hg Halloween thing going on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
This is one of the three tombstones I bought at HomeGoods 11/1/2017 for $80 combined. This was $30 after 50% off. It's 37" high! If you look in the background you see that it towers over a Grandinroad one. And I love Grandinroad's tombstones! Spirit would charge $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I remember a salesperson at Homegoods telling me a few years ago that once they start to get Halloween in, ALL of their trucks, I think 3 per week, have Halloween stuff. Good excuse to make the rounds regularly. I love those tombstones Restless Acres, I am working on replacing my foam ones with resin little by little so I hope they have them this year.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Traveled to a Home Goods near me just a bit ago. So disappointed. They had absolutely NO Halloween merchandise out yet. Bummer.
No Halloween yet, but I hope you looked at the tabletop home decor items. That’s where I recently got a huge 7-8 inch onyx sphere and a gold iguana perched on a crystal ball. I’ll be able to work both pieces into my indoor Halloween displays. The sphere was hidden behind a bunch of things to prevent it from rolling off the shelf.
It’s all about the hunt! 😉

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I finally made it to my Homegoods yesterday and found both the iguana and onyx crystal balls! They had 2 really large iguanas as well (about 2 or 3x the size of the one on the crystal ball), and was almost tempted to get one since it coordinated, but I didn’t. It was a stretch for me just to get the crystal ball (style wise), but you’re right @Bobbiejo, in person it was too cute to pass up! And the onyx, really couldn’t pass up the price on that one for $20. They had an onyx cluster too that I almost bought, but decided to let that one go.

Sorry, I should’ve taken pics while I was there, but I always get so flustered and annoyed when I go to a Homegoods because there are just too many people there. I hate crowded stores, and every time I go in one, it reminds me why I do most of my shopping online.

1 - 20 of 870 Posts
About this Discussion
869 Replies
82 Participants
kristinms8
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing